Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quagsire

Motion blur in certain source ports?

I was curious if there's currently motion blur in any source ports at the moment. Is it possible? Is it already done?

Doom Retro has a faux motion blur effect when you turn quickly, but I don't think anything does "real" blur with, like, per-pixel blurring or what have you.

I wouldn't be too surprised if it ended up happening in GZDoom, which has had a lot of fancy effects added to it by external contributors recently (a large variety of 3D stereoscopic stuff from biospud, and a lot of post-processing effects such as bloom, tone-mapping, SSAO, FXAA, etc. from dpJudas). Graf and Judas are now working on getting proper normals on all surfaces for improving dynamic lights.

Sgt Ender said:

I was curious if there's currently motion blur in any source ports at the moment. Is it possible? Is it already done?

Try Doom Retro, it is disabled by default so you need to edit the cfg to set this to 100%

r_shakescreen 100%

Or do it ingame through the console. But it is for sharp turning only. With the fast movement of Doom, anything more would be very tiring I think.

VGA said:

Try Doom Retro, it is disabled by default so you need to edit the cfg to set this to 100%

r_shakescreen 100%

Or do it ingame through the console. But it is for sharp turning only. With the fast movement of Doom, anything more would be very tiring I think.

Actually, the setting you want is "vid_motionblur 100%". :)