Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deadwing

Moonblood MIDI-pack (+listen online)

This is a MIDI pack I've made for my Reclipse project. It consists currently of 13 songs, mostly of them based on IWADs ones, though only a few will be recognizable. They're meant to be played with Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth (ugh). I've no idea how they sound with other soundfonts lol

I would love to hear some feedback :)

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/anzcaw6vtyf0c1g/Moonblood-MIDI-1.1.rar

You can also hear it on soundcloud:

Thanks!

Edited by Deadwing

They are great :D

I love the bulid up on the 1st track. These would be great background tracks for a wad.

I approve of these immensely. Will strongly consider using these myself. They all have a really great jazzy/funky atmos, with all the electric pianos and warm pads you use. Distorted guitar kind of takes a backseat here, which ain't something you hear often in upbeat Doom tracks.

I haven't been able to pick out any specific homages to the original Doom tracks so far, heh, but these are great tracks in their own right regardless.

Great work! )b

Thank you all guys! :D

Jimmy, I'd love to know if someday you get to use any of these tracks haha I love going more for the funky/jazzy stuff, it's hard working with guitars on MIDI, IMO.

About the inspirations on original IWADs tracks, I guess I was able to "hide" them well :P Some I think are more visible:

Sewers = MAP04 (Doom II)
Spooky Shrine = E2M4 (Doom)
Nukage = MAP20 (Doom II)
Outside Gardens = E2M8 (Doom)

I've update most tracks with some small changes (mostly a bit larger versions of the originals). Also, there's 4 new tracks, 2 short ones for the intermission screen and story and 2 longer which are for the last levels of Reclipse.

Tracklist:

1 - Moonblood Starport
2 - Hardware and Waste
3 - Alpha Labs
4 - The Courtyard
5 - Central Command
6 - Industrial Zone
7 - Hell Presence
8 - Outside Gardens
9 - Sewers
10 - Working Floors
11 - Spooky Shrine
12 - Nukage
13 - Underground Experiments
14 - Change of Settings
15 - Worried
16 - Moonblood Ritual Site
17 - The Sinner

http://www.mediafire.com/file/anzcaw6vtyf0c1g/Moonblood-MIDI-1.1.rar

I've posted the full soundtrack in the soundcloud. You can listen here:

OH shit, I remembered that I need to do something for this music.....now that the pack is out!!!

Just wanted to say this is one of the best original soundtracks I ever heard on a WAD. Fabulous job on this one!