Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

So what exactly is Freedoom?

I get the purpose of it. But what I'm confused about is what exactly it's missing that makes it an unfinished game.

Well technically it is "finished" because it has all of the resources needed to be an iwad replacement. What the project is doing now is polishing what's already there to make it feel professional.

It needs levels (still plenty of placeholders last time I checked) and the sprites are getting improved.

Well, it has a full set of levels (besides e3m5) but many of them aren't vanilla compatible or feel like rushed filler maps. For example look at e3m8 or map31.

But nonetheless they're still legit.

C3M5 is a placeholder, because it's not even map.

FreeDoom exists so Brazilians can use it to make shoddy iPad games with levels built with the oldest version of Slige.

But it's an interesting community project. There's not a whole lot to get, really. I'm not sure why "wonder about the point" at all.

Clonehunter said:

FreeDoom exists so Brazilians can use it to make shoddy iPad games with levels built with the oldest version of Slige.

But it's an interesting community project. There's not a whole lot to get, really. I'm not sure why "wonder about the point" at all.

Has this actually happened..?

^yeah.

But I have an iPhone so I can't confirm. And I ain't downloading old versions of Freedoom on it. Nor do I have a credit card to get Gameception.

Clonehunter said:

I find this very offensive... :(

Clonehunter said:

People really hate slige is it that bad?

MinerOfWorlds said:

People really hate slige is it that bad?

SLIGE isn't half bad for what it's meant to be. People just have a bad opinion of it because of people who abused it to fill out their megawads instead of actually creating stuff themselves.