Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sallan

Marine still walk when stopped

It is technically possible for DoomGuy to have momentum, but not be moving. This is the effect that causes DoomGuy to go from 0 to 60 as he shoots through a door that just opened. I'm not sure what conditions are required, but I've seen it happen enough times.

In this scenario, DoomGuy will still be moving through his running frames.

This is slightly offtopic, but even in vanilla Doom, you can back into certain corners and in cooperative will notice the running animation continues despite the player not moving anymore. It's so minor that I can't see how anyone minds, but it is there.

Doomkid said:

This is slightly offtopic, but even in vanilla Doom, you can back into certain corners and in cooperative will notice the running animation continues despite the player not moving anymore. It's so minor that I can't see how anyone minds, but it is there.

Yep, that's the momentum thing I mentioned. If you start sliging down the wall, when you reach an opening, DoomGuy might shoot out into it at full speed, without any buildup. Doesn't seem to happen always, but it's pretty amazing when it does.