Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMD

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 31: Back from the Dead!

Link to session 30

Also last months session

ASS31 has been dead and buried for FIVE months years. But old ghosts come calling around Halloween/skeletonsmas. Also, my plans for the Saturday before fell through.

So why not put together a witches brew of a third fourth fifth THIRD annual ASS Halloween special. The show will get rolling around 2 pm eastern 11 am pacific on Saturday, October 23. I'll get a countdown up when I get home, and the time is subject to change if people want it.

We still have a Discord https://discord.gg/T25wCau (THIS IS ACCURATE FOR 2021) and irc channel if you want information or suggestions for extra spooktacular themes!

Be there or be SCARED!

EDIT: This is a countdown (ALSO ACCURATE FOR 2021)

Edited by TMD : these links are accurate

Not sure if I'm still interested in speedmapping, to be honest. I might show up, I dunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's the morning after the day of my fuckin' recital, isn't it.

I can't promise my attendance, but I'll uh, try and keep it in mind, amongst the slew of other shit swimming round in my head at the moment :<

Obsidian said:

....did someone just walk over my grave?

The parade will be in 12 days

Before giving the world a new abyssal session, why don't give us a least a compilation of the previous sessions from... i don't know to 30? Just saying.

Also, i don't know if i can be here for this amazing effect, but i give good luck to all participants!

28 thru 30 will be released over the next two weeks.

27...we will discuss 27 later

Just moved halfway across the country and started a new career which I'm just now adjusting to.

TheMionicDonut said:

28 thru 30 will be released over the next two weeks.

27...we will discuss 27 later

Just moved halfway across the country and started a new career which I'm just now adjusting to.

Ok, thanks... and good luck with your new career and stuff!

Pinchy said:

I feel like it should just be The Abyssal Halloween Special 2016 rather than use the number.

The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror always uses numerals, maybe TMD's just following their pattern that he stole.

Pinchy said:

I feel like it should just be The Abyssal Halloween Special 2016 rather than use the number.

Sessions 11 and 23 were also Halloween specials. It would just be confusing to change it around on year 3

Oh shit this! Uhhh I wasnt anticipating the 32in24 to happen. This may be postponed. I encourage all interested to pop into #32in24 on oftc or the ASS channel on Discord.

Also, I am a dumbshit and in the process of moving BACK halfway across the country because I fucked up.

We can do a CTF workshop or something, and maybe spruce up maps if you wanted to get your Doom on today.

We will do something ASS related in a few weeks.

Bump.

In the night, specifically.

loving that

doomwiki.org/wiki/list_of_asses

will eventually have

Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions: Session 50

Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions: Session 51

Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions: Session 52

Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions: Session 53

Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions: Session 54

Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions: Session 55 

Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions: Session 56 

Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions: Session 57

Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions: Session 31

You know how much I love Lore and this one has story on top of story, with wild and wacky characters explaining all this ass backwards chronology.

Two addendums though.

-Abyssal 58 exists.
-Screw you for making me check if List_of_asses is a real doomwiki page

Edited by TMD : It isnt.

Themes:

Voodoo dolls showing up

Keens and the entailing sector

Alright, round 2 starts riiiiight about now! You have 15 minutes to gather resources: skies, music, all that jazz and percussion.