Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LGN-76

Your Favorite Game of All Time

Doom.

But I've recently gotten into world of warcraft pretty heavy and it's actually become one of my favorite games. I tried it quite a few years back and didn't care for it but I have some friends that play religiously and have been bugging me to give it a shot and I love it. Anyone here play?

DOOM II is my favorite and about all I play anymore. But don't forget the arcades! I really love playing Robotron 2084 as my favorite arcade game with Tempest, Joust and Sinistar as close seconds. Also Gauntlet and Gauntlet Dark Legacy for nostalgia. Arcades give the adrenaline of playing DOOM, all about action and challenge.

I'm not sure where else to put this as I don't want to start a thread just to bitch, but can someone explain to me what makes No One Lives Forever a good game? Please answer without using the game's 60s spy theme, the characters, the writing or the humor, because as far as I can tell, those are literally the only reasons the game is so popular (and frankly those aren't compelling reasons to me anyway.) Nobody ever actually discusses the gameplay, which boils down to "turgid Goldeneye 64 clone."

I mean, I was led to believe it was an "immersive sim" like Thief or Deus Ex (two of my favorite games, since this is the thread for that) or at least a close approximation of such. But no, it's just a mediocre FPS.

Doom 2 for me.

2) Wind Waker
3) EarthBound
4) Tales of Symphonia (cheesy-ass story but it is the love-child of Super Smash Bros and Final Fantasy)
5) Super Mario World

Honorable Mentions, mostly for nostalgia:

Super Metroid
Star Fox 64
The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Majora's Mask
Donkey Kong Country
Pokemon Blue

Coolest "new" game: Overwatch

I for one am glad id used doom 2 as an opportunity to expand on doom 1 and not try to "evolve" further. For goshsakes they had just made the best action of all time.

I have plenty of favorite games. The main is MU because it was the first game I was ever played. GTA Vice City too. Now I like all MMO genre for example World of Warcraft, Lineage 2, Path of Exile and much more! Why I love MMO Games? It is really simple. Let's get for example POE Orbs and real, live market related to it. MMO Market is the most important thing because playing a real game with engaged community is the most awesome in computer games.

Edited by firma

For an all time favorite, mine has to be Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I've played it more times than I can remember. Back in a time before the internet and strategy guides, this was one game I had memorized most of everything to get through without any help. 

Doom is second only to ALttP for me. 

My list- (in no particular order)

First Image- Half Life 1. An incredibly re-playable FPS with really tight level design.

0000002354.600x338.jpg.dae4d0dd3bad34c9ecc66b64fc256c53.jpg

Second Image- Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow. A very strange and obscure Disney platformer that plays very much like Earthworm Jim. Fantastic soundtrack. Really wish Disney would digitally re-release this on GOG or something.coldshadowscreen.jpg.4dbbf082055d7378ce61b5d2fc31fb70.jpg

Third Image- Unreal Tournament (1999). A really fantastic Arena Shooter that I honestly like more than Quake 3. It has this really grungy 90s attitude to it and the guns are super unique to this franchise.utscreen.jpg.0f9690a84247baa24920e91d9c2555bd.jpg

Fourth Image- Sonic Adventure. Sonic's first foray into 3D on the Sega Dreamcast. Kinda wonky by today's standards. SA2 is technically superior to this, but I think that SA1 captures the "classic sonic" feel more than it's sequel. Also has the honor of of being on of my favorite soundtracks in any game ever (second to Super Mario Galaxy).

SA1Screen.jpg.e47a51f3a79577cf9b1d3956da894c0a.jpg

Fifth Image- The Ultimate Doom. You're on Doomworld.com. You know what this game is. I love it. 'Nuff said.rratxzng6s0qtiaeiuzx.jpg.0f01139cd2a76b31240897f6ddc5f408.jpg

Hm... 

Skyrim, the Batman Arkham games, the AvP games, Doom, Quake (only the original), HL, Shadow Warrior, DN3D, Death Rally, Crysis, UT, MK.

First Gen FPS: DooM/2; Duke 3D; HeXen; Blood; Dark Forces; Shadow Warrior

Second Gen FPS: Quake, HeXen2

Third Gen FPS: Half-Life; Quake 2; Unreal

Future Gen FPS: I'm not quite there yet (call it "interstellar lag")

I'll have to go with Dark Souls, God Hand, La-Mulana, Shadow of the Colossus, and Okami; in that order.

Doom is still in my top 10 games though.

Edited by SGS Man

Probably Bloodborne. 

Some honourable mentions [I'm thinking more of series in general than specific entries]: Dark Souls, Doom (duh), Quake, Half-Life, Sonic, Mass Effect, Life is Strange, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Tenchu, Metal Gear Solid, Mortal Kombat, Grand Theft Auto, Batman Arkham, Assassin's Creed, Legend of Grimrock

I love a lot of the games mentioned so far, tough to pick a fav. Plus for me it always changes. I know in 2005 MGS3 was my favorite game ever, and in 2008 it was MGS4, and of course I'm a big Duke/Doom/Quake fan, also GTA3 and Vice City were big, loved adventure games like Space Quest 4 & 5 and Quest for Glory series. So many good ones to choose from. Silent Hill 2, Resident Evil 2 and 4, and others in those fine series, so many. Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, recently loved Breath of the Wild and Yakuza 0. Not to forget JRPGs like FF7, Dragon Quest 8, Tales of Symphonia, and mods like Action Half-Life...

I'll say, naturally this forum may lean a bit nostalgic, but in general this is a nostalgic question for me. And picking favs is tough, since there are so many different aspects of games to enjoy. I haven't even mentioned fighting games yet, so many good times on the Dreamcast with my friends and brother. King of Fighters and Street Fighter especially.

Short answer, in 2018, I don't have a favorite it's a concept that is too wild for me at this juncture!

I'm split between The Ultimate Doom, Doom 3 and Dark souls, but i'll stick to doom since i'm playing it for way more time. Medal of Honor Allied Assault and Pacific Assault are great ones too, a lot of great memories playing those with my dad

A few of my favorites

Singleplayer:

-XCOM: Enemy Within (Don't have XCOM 2's expansion so I can't really put it up here)

-[insert entire DOOM series here, yes, even 3]

-Half Life series

-Portal series

-Resident Evil 7

-N++
-Super Mario Odyssey (100%'d that mother fucker)

-Grand Theft Auto V (didn't grow up with GTA, but had a lot of fun with V)

-Super Meat Boy

-Call of Juarez: Gun Slinger

-Quake (never beat Q2)

Multiplayer (add me on steam if anyone wants to play sometime):

-Rainbow Six Siege

-Street Fighter V (unpopular choice, but imo the gameplay is the best of the series)

-Tony Hawk's Underground Pro (a mod for THUG2 that has online play and most of the series' levels, look it up)

-Quake 3 Arena

-Unreal Tournament 2004

-Left 4 Dead 2

DUSK also gets an honorable mention for being a fun return to late 90s FPS while still retaining modern polish