Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HavoX

Ladies and Gentlemen... The Nintendo Switch.

page 3 slaughtered :lol: (oops, wrong site. :P)

Even though I'm excited for the Switch, I have to admit I'll have to be a bit wary of The House of Mario's plans.
Okay, it may not win the hearts of gaming enthusiasts nor beat out the PS4 and XBoner in terms of power (despite being powered by a custom NVIDIA Tegra processor), but when it comes to innovation and family-friendliness, the Switch takes the cake.

Oh, and the 3DS isn't going away anytime soon.

MrGlide said:

Nintendo isn't going anywhere.

yeah they've been in the same irrelevant insignificant corner for years now lmao

the more consoles move away from physical backwards compatibility, the more i am put off; so you want me to either have more and more physical consoles around my tv, or throw the games away and re-purchase them on your new platform? piss off.

@Mr.Freeze, what, with the wii U? ya the Wii U isn't doing so well, but other then this cycle they've been quite relevent, The Wii out sould both the ps3 and xbox 360 (which ended up influencing them both by quite a bit.) The main reason the Wii U hasn't done all that well is that there isn't enough 3rd party support, and to be honest their Title Line up isn't the greatest. Everyone can calm their tits, nintendo will be fine, as it always is everytime this discusion is brought up.

Mr. Freeze said:

yeah they've been in the same irrelevant insignificant corner for years now lmao

Many would be hard pressed to find a company that generated $4.58 billion net revenue, with a $348 million net income in 2015, to be "irrelevant" or "insignificant".

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/annual1503e.pdf

http://www.hoovers.com/company-information/cs/revenue-financial.nintendo_co_ltd.30448ece704bc9b7.html

Ralphis said:

Many would be hard pressed to find a company that generated $4.58 billion net revenue, with a $348 million net income in 2015, to be "irrelevant" or "insignificant".

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/annual1503e.pdf

http://www.hoovers.com/company-information/cs/revenue-financial.nintendo_co_ltd.30448ece704bc9b7.html

Well you know how it is... Some people think if "x" company, doesn´t have the last tech on their console they suck (btw all the console use, old tech anyway...)

Those that think that Nintendo is not relevant are just blind or just fanboys.... And this come from someone that doesn´t like consoles in general...

I think people feel all Japanese game companies are on the verge of going out of business. Over the past few years, seems like many have talked "financial woes" of Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Konami, Capcom, SquareEnix. SquareEnix is my favorite, because they just keep buying other companies like a giant blob accumulating mass.

As for Nintendo and the Switch, Nintendo is the only console I want to play their games. I can't get that quality and charm from other consoles or PC. I only have a PC as a console now.

I hope 2 Switches can be connected like a LAN party.

Guest Unregistered account
geo said:

I hope 2 Switches can be connected like a LAN party.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that feature was briefly glimpsed in the trailer when it was showing off Splatoon. If this feature is implemented, the question is: will it behave like the Download Play app for the DS and 3DS, where you don't have to own certain games to play multiplayer if one of your friends already does?

Bumpity bump!

Got the word from Serebii that the Switch will be released globally on March 3rd 2017 for $299.99/29,980¥/£279.99.

Other than Zelda: BotW and Super Mario Odyssey however, the list of games confirmed for the Switch does not look very promising... :\

Guest Unregistered account
HavoX said:

Bumpity bump!

[...]

Odyssey however, the list of games confirmed for the Switch does not look very promising... :\

Are you ignoring Splatoon 2, the sequel to the greatest FPS ever concieved, and ARMS, which looks to be the "Wii Sports" of the Switch

And friggan new Shin Megami Tensei?!

Overall I'm pretty impressed. My concerns are mostly control-related. The 2 tiny controllers look painful to use when doing the 2-player gamepad thing, the new d-pad abandons Nintendo's classic and unsurpassed "+" design, there is no d-pad when in 2-player gamepad mode (so when playing classic 2-player NES/SNES games, you're forced to use the analog sticks?! disgusting). And I'm suspicious about the haptic feedback claims with regard to the ice cubes and water in the glass. I don't think it's going to be that cool or convincing. The everything-and-the-kitchen-sink approach to the controller design seems a bit messy and error-prone.

But the visuals that it's able to achieve while being portable are pretty impressive. Zelda looks awesome, and is a bold change in direction. Mario's Odyssey is a bold change in direction too. Kind of interesting how they're both going for more modern and cinematic stuff. It could actually end up being a bad thing that Nintendo's 2 most classic and prized franchises are going the way of modern games. Or they could show everyone how it's done!

to pl4y teh gaime, joo must catch m3, te Switch[TM]

I was really disappointed to hear that online play is going to be locked behind a subscription fee, especially because I was highly looking forward to the Splatoon sequel. I guess it was inevitable, and the bright side may be that they will finally get a decent online system setup. But yea, I got real tired of that when I had an Xbox 360, and doubly so when you've got PC doing this stuff for free.

I'm still interested in the Switch though, I just might not be rushing out to get one until much later.

That treehouse event wasn't too bad. Hardware looks interesting (not from the power, of course, but the controllers). However, (again) no F-Zero, (again) no Metroid, no New Super Mario Bros, and no Super Mario Maker. Not having the last one seems quite weird to me, since it seemed to have been a big hit on the Wii U.

The Switch is not your average console (at least for me). The Switch design as a whole screams innovation to me, which is why Nintendo is known for in the first place. The dudes saved the gaming industry after the crash (sorry Atari but it's your fault) and who knows maybe they can do it again (save us from the monopoly that Sony and Microsoft want to achieve in gaming). Also if the games are anything like their recent trailers the Switch is going to max out the gameplay and fun factor with or without graphics. I mean graphics isn't everything. Doom (a favourite for me and most of you guys in the forum) dosen't have good graphics for today's standards nor a jaw dropping story, yet it is still so enjoyable to play and has a 25 year old community, that is still alive!!! So when the Switch comes out I'll be looking forward to it and if it turns out alright, I may buy it, after building my dream PC.

Also, don't tell me I am a Nintendo fanboy. The only Nintendo console I own is the GBA SP. I was mostly a Sony guy 5 years back, but I changed to PC, seeing all the freedom it grants you compared to consoles. And if I buy a Switch it will be to support the company and enjoy titles like Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart and maybe give Splatoon 2 a try (laughed my ass out when I saw <<Splatoon is the greatest FPS>> in this thread).

Edit: Too bad it is going to include subscriptions. They had to do that, didn't they? I swear the gaming industry seems to be going downhill day by day (one step forward, two steps back). At least I'm hoping that it succeeds as a console so we may see some more creativity instead of budget PC's outdated from the time of their release (PS4 and Xbox One, I'm looking at you with your <<upgraded>> Pro and Scorpio wank).

Mechadon said:

I was really disappointed to hear that online play is going to be locked behind a subscription fee, especially because I was highly looking forward to the Splatoon sequel. I guess it was inevitable, and the bright side may be that they will finally get a decent online system setup. But yea, I got real tired of that when I had an Xbox 360, and doubly so when you've got PC doing this stuff for free.

I'm still interested in the Switch though, I just might not be rushing out to get one until much later.

I mean what are you really gonna be missing out on online play? Splatoon 2? Another Mario Kart game? Honestly I doubt any of flagship games like Mario and Zelda are gonna be multiplayer. Unless their planning on making Mario MMORPG Legend of the Seven Stars?

This so called "Switch" is the Wii U 2.0, i don't see much of an improvement, plus the fact that now you are gonna have to pay to play online in it is going to hurt it, as if having to pay to play online in XB1 or PS4 wasn't enough, now the "Switch" has this stupid BS too.
What a disappointament and i can see microtransactions coming with this new requirement of having to pay to play online on this "Switch".
I'm glad that in PC you're not forced to do that pay to play online stupid BS.

Wow, three hundred bucks. It has 32gb of internal storage. Zelda uses 13.5. You can install maybe 2 or 3 digital version games at once before you need to add storage. Most of the internal storage will likely be spent on patches. What about DLC? Oh well.

For an extra kick in the balls Nintendo will probably have sales on their digital store like the other networks, making the physical versions less desirable. It supports micro sdcard, so I guess people will have to shell out 70 bucks or so for measly 200gb. Already the system is more expensive than a 500gb PS4 with a three year library of games under it's belt.

The dock literally does nothing but charge the device and output to a TV and has cable storage. Not even an ethernet port. Additional docks cost 90 bucks. What a bargain. Fortunately few users will need multiple docks.

I'm betting the new network infrastructure will be leagues behind XBL and PSN, users can probably anticipate hacks, DDoS attacks, all the joy of being on a pay-4-play network.
They're offering a 'free' game each month, but after that month the game is no longer free, even if you downloaded it. PSN and XBL users can download free games each month and keep them as long as they are subscribers. Most of the games are shit you already played 20 years ago. All the games you bought on Wii U virtual console? Sorry they won't work, buy them again.
The 'joycon' only has analog sticks so I hope you don't like fighting games, you'll have to buy the pro-controller for 70 bucks. No, your Wii U peripherals won't work either obviously. I almost feel bad for Nintendo fans, but they kinda deserve it.

I really like the looks of it, with a £280 price tag then we can guess it has at least some power. No one has really gotten into this kind of market before, the closest we got to that was the Nvidia shield. I can't see this being a medium success, I think it will either do bad or do amazingly, its a gamble for sure. Plus no region locking, that is a very nice thing to see, I am hoping to get one. Come on, I wanna see Nintendo kicking some ass again, the 2 console system really does suck.

While Switch may look interesting, it's hard to me to look at Nintendo now, when recently they are sending a lot of C&D's to free fan games. For example, look at AM2R and Pokemon Prism (hack for Gold/Silver). So much years wasted for developers to get such a surprise.

Use3D said:

Wow, three hundred bucks. It has 32gb of internal storage. Zelda uses 13.5. You can install maybe 2 or 3 digital version games at once before you need to add storage. Most of the internal storage will likely be spent on patches. What about DLC? Oh well.

For an extra kick in the balls Nintendo will probably have sales on their digital store like the other networks, making the physical versions less desirable. It supports micro sdcard, so I guess people will have to shell out 70 bucks or so for measly 200gb. Already the system is more expensive than a 500gb PS4 with a three year library of games under it's belt.

The dock literally does nothing but charge the device and output to a TV and has cable storage. Not even an ethernet port. Additional docks cost 90 bucks. What a bargain. Fortunately few users will need multiple docks.

I'm betting the new network infrastructure will be leagues behind XBL and PSN, users can probably anticipate hacks, DDoS attacks, all the joy of being on a pay-4-play network.
They're offering a 'free' game each month, but after that month the game is no longer free, even if you downloaded it. PSN and XBL users can download free games each month and keep them as long as they are subscribers. Most of the games are shit you already played 20 years ago. All the games you bought on Wii U virtual console? Sorry they won't work, buy them again.
The 'joycon' only has analog sticks so I hope you don't like fighting games, you'll have to buy the pro-controller for 70 bucks. No, your Wii U peripherals won't work either obviously. I almost feel bad for Nintendo fans, but they kinda deserve it.

I think reading your criticisms saved me watching 20+ minutes of idiots talking on their Youtube channel.

I stopped caring about Nintendo consoles. The last one I liked was the Gamecube. However, the idea behind the Switch is a pretty neat one.

The idea is a pretty good one, especially being able to take it out with you - but look at the battery life it has! Some games you'll only be able to get 2 1/2 hours (basically the games most people want to play), and those arcade games you could get up to 6. I mean I suppose if you are leaving the house you shouldn't really be spending that much time playing a game anyway, but it's great for commuting and a lot of people spend more time than that.

I'm also not sure about the joy-con setup, with the diagonal joysticks. Wouldn't the one on the right get in the way of you trying to use the buttons above it?

Honestly, as a PC guy, the only console I'd buy would be a Nintendo. Not that I give a damn about the company itself (or it's competitors), but they do make excellent party games, and they have tons of exclusives that personally appeal to me. Really, though, the console market hasn't been appealing to me since the launch of the 360 (which ended up disappointing me to begin with), as I'm entirely against paying for online, paying $60 for games, being slaved to a particular market/service, and unable to customize or upgrade my equipment. Sony and Microsoft's exclusives just aren't good or numerous enough to justify the purchase, as any multi-platform game I'm just going to play on my PC to begin with. Do with they'd port Bloodborne :/. However, Mario Party with buddies can be loads of fun! I hope this console goes the right direction, but with paid online being confirmed (?), I'll pass thanks.

I don't like the switch. I also don't like nintendo. Basically, I don't like the nintendo switch.

As much as I like to play games, the idea of portable gaming is something I will never be able to wrap my head around.

"Let's go outside and play video games." Humbug, I say...