Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mauzki

Anyone here on dial up?

I was talking to a friend who was stuck on dial up, he didn't really choose to keep it, its just that he has no choice, apparently thats common in some areas of the US? I am asking this because I did find a thread about this in 2004 wondering about doom 3 and dial up support. So 12 years later from that thread, anyone still on that thing?

Nope, cable internet with MediaFart- I mean Mediacom.

I mean, sure, your friend uses dial-up, but that's the same as saying that you shouldn't complain because there are starving kids in Africa. Anyways, check out the reviews: Crappy reviews

Aren't there a few rural areas still mainly on dial-up? I haven't looked at the statistics in a long while.

I'm on DSL here, LTE on my phone.

Purely 4G internet through a sim card. I don't have a cable running to my house but the speeds are still decent and data is much cheaper than it was just 2-3 years ago.

LittleInferno said:

Nope, cable internet with MediaFart- I mean Mediacom.

I mean, sure, your friend uses dial-up, but that's the same as saying that you shouldn't complain because there are starving kids in Africa. Anyways, check out the reviews: Crappy reviews

Yeah, kids in Africa could have eaten that data.

yukib1t said:

Aren't there a few rural areas still mainly on dial-up? I haven't looked at the statistics in a long while.

I'm on DSL here, LTE on my phone.

In the US I think their are, in northern Europe I think its only their because people see no need to move from it, well in my bit in northern Europe anyway.