Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Airbag

Deathmatch?

They should certainly have plenty of deathmatch starts even if they arent specifically structured for deathmatch play.

What about a little DM-only part of the map, seperated from the rest of it, as is common in many megawads?

is there any inherent design feature of your map that prevents you from making all doors open from both sides and just dropping in a bunch of deathmatch starts and DM only weapons?

some extra maps designed exclusively for deathmatch would be even better. i was reading through the readme and found out that the levels aren't supposed to be super-huge, so maybe simply including the idea of deathmatch in the single player maps like esayeek suggested would work.

esayeek said:

is there any inherent design feature of your map that prevents you from making all doors open from both sides and just dropping in a bunch of deathmatch starts and DM only weapons?

Yeah, a lot of the doors are switch-opened. I'm a tag freak.

Archvile64 said:

What about a little DM-only part of the map, seperated from the rest of it, as is common in many megawads?

I'm not especially fond of those deathmatch kindergartens that some authors include in their maps.

Rather make some of the normal maps so they are really good in deathmatch.

Little Faith said:

I'm not especially fond of those deathmatch kindergartens that some authors include in their maps.

Rather make some of the normal maps so they are really good in deathmatch.

I'll make a really good deathmatch kindergarten =)

Archvile64 said:

Yeah, a lot of the doors are switch-opened. I'm a tag freak.

Well if you need a switch to open the door, then why not make the reverse-side of the door a normal door trigger, so you could open if it you were in that portion of the map to start with?

Hrm, I dunno, I guess I'd just rather have a half-assed little playground for just DM than just randomly thrown in deathmatch starts for a level that would be horrible for DM.

Well, you could place the DM starts, so that a player who gets spawned will activate some lines (which can't be reached in single player) which will change the level a bit. Like sealing off parts of the level or something. Look at my Map07 for small example.

boris said:

Well, you could place the DM starts, so that a player who gets spawned will activate some lines (which can't be reached in single player) which will change the level a bit. Like sealing off parts of the level or something. Look at my Map07 for small example.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Like make him start on a ledge inaccessible to single player or coop players. I might end up doing that.