Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tuaam

Are player defined rooms possible?

As in, the ability to make a "basic" room where you define the width, length, and height, and choose from a selection of classic and hotspot textures.

Is this possible with doom's current engine?

VentedPennies said:

No.

Later in 2017...

SNAPMAP UPDATE 5.0! Player defined rooms!

I Thought this update brought grid rooms that allow you to set heights Manually, looks like i confused it with something else, Hopefully that won't be impossible, I don't think there's any excuse to not add it (except maybe cross platform compatibility) .

Not sure if Im reading this right, with the new update there is an almost infinite ammount of customization available. You can create anything given the network limit. Its all in the blocking volumes, props and textures.

ArchangelOfHell said:

Not sure if Im reading this right, with the new update there is an almost infinite ammount of customization available. You can create anything given the network limit. Its all in the blocking volumes, props and textures.

The current selection of props and textures is still quite limited.

ArchangelOfHell said:

The OP asked if a person can define by width, height, and length of a new room just by typing in 256x256x256 (256 being some measurement). And then the system creates a blank module with those specs.

That is not possible.

But sure, if you want to open a module and then create player blocking volumes to cut down the size of the module, that's possible.

DooM_RO said:

The current selection of props and textures is still quite limited.

Indeed, though far superior than what we started off with. I'd like to see more than just square volumes._. Spheres and cylinders would benefit it greatly in future updates. I'm working on a Deimos facility complex with mostly props, Ill post a video later tonight.