Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
R1ck

So I've got this idea.

Recently I've played 1993.wad and it was kinda okay. Months before that, I stumbled upon this (unrelated) Half life mod where they've changed all the texture in the game to the damn crates texture

then I've found this on my facebook news feed.
http://imgur.com/a/OoDJM
(idk why I can't embed the image :/)

So the idea is to make a joke pwad that replaces all the Doom (or doom 2) texture to any (vanilla or any texture pack) wood texture just for the lol.

Yeah, because wood is better than MLP, wonderful comparison I have to say, you've hit the nail on the wall with this one, good job asshole.

Stating the obvious, yes, exactly that.

@Rickacid - if you like the idea of making everything out of wood, do it, have some fun!

So it would be like Brutalist Doom?

I don't see nothing wrong with that, especially if somebody redid all the sprites too so they looked like wood too (I'm not talented enough to do that myself).

Edit: also, great opportunity to horizontally and vertically flip the doom logo...

Why not just make a room with wood textures, take a screenshot and see if anyone thinks it's funny?

A good jokewad should probably depend on the player playing through the wad to get the joke. You know, like the format of a real joke. A *jokewad* such as this is like starting a sentence with the word boner. You might get chuckle out of someone but for most people there's really no reason to listen to the rest of the sentence.