Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
vdgg

How to modify NRFTL so continuous play demos can be created and watched?

Cyberdemon531 asked me this and we have a problem here indeed: nerve.wad secret level works in ZDoom derivative ports, but not in "our favourite" ports.

I guess changing MAP01->MAP12, MAP02->MAP13, MAP03->MAP14, MAP04->MAP15, MAP09->MAP31, MAP05->MAP16 is sufficient?

If so, the minimum solution would be a step-by-step instruction which bytes of the WAD need to be edited manually.

And the optimum solution would be an executable that would modify the WAD.

Any help? I may actually be donating a bit of cash for someone willing to sacrifice their time to make such an executable.

This might be overthinking it, but you could add in dummy lumps to the PWAD with the names MAP12, MAP13 etc with all the associated per-level lumps, but have them point to the data for MAP01, MAP02 etc?

bump!

Memfis i tried running this patcher and got this error message when i try and run nervenew.wad through glboom-plus:

maybe i have a 'bad' copy of nerve.wad? how many bytes is your copy?

Oh yeah, it most definitely won't work with even a slightly wrong wad. The patch is basically a "difference" between the original file and the modified one. If you patch something else instead of the original, the result will be nonsensical.