Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Egyptian Guardian

Official Rap/Hip Hop Music Fan Thread

Post anything on this thread that is good Hip Hop PERIOD. 

Edited by Egyptian Guardian : Redid the paragraph because it was kind of pretentious.

Every now and then a rap/hip hop song really clicks with me on a deep level. A few examples are "The Message", "The End of Days" and "Dance With the Devil". Powerful stuff. There's definitely more but those immediately come to mind.

Ayyy

Not all that big on rap (even less on rnb) but this track is pretty awesome, I love the wordplay..not to mention the creepy music!

rileymartin said:

Yo, word is born man. Finally somebody layin' down the law!

its word is bond :p

one of my favourite tracks from a great instrumental producer:

BluePineapple72 said:

Madvillainy is a pretty good hip hop album.

Mf Doom is pretty damn talented. I get a wee bit bored of his style at times though personally. @rehelekretep, thats not technically rap, but is hiphop (in one of the veins) You should check out Block Head if you haven't already. and for anyone whom likes Mf Doom they should check out Aesop Rock.

Edited by Guest

BluePineapple72 said:

Madvillainy is a pretty good hip hop album, I'd defiantly recommend checking it out (and this is coming from someone who has listened to nearly exclusively rock/metal until recently)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9dk_xtWpAkKs1-EKcvq-nKwdaaS-3czd

I've listened to it already at least 3 times and it's definitely a classic. All caps, meat grinder and strange ways imo are the best songs, though it's kind of difficult to find highlights from an album where every song is flawless

mistercow said:

Run the jewels 3 out when

Also blonde aoty

Run the Jewels 3 hasn't had a release date yet, however they have released a single on the adult swim's official website.

I haven't listened to blonde yet but I have listened to Frank Ocean's previous work, and I was never really fond of him. Aoty imo in terms of rap would be either Imperial by Denzel Curry or Atrocity Exhibition by Danny Brown.

I don't listen to a lot of hip hop, so there aren't really any particular groups or artists I'm a fan of. But there are a few individual songs that I love.

Plus some others.

yukib1t said:

I don't listen to a lot of hip hop, so there aren't really any particular groups or artists I'm a fan of. But there are a few individual songs that I love.

Glad someone else here also mentioned Dance with the Devil, that is one of the heaviest songs I've ever heard. The lyrics are fucking heartbreaking.

MrDeAD1313 said:

It's all about that o.g Wu Tang. Something about old school east side hip-hop is so comforting to me for some reason.

Ya, that and biggie. I'm also fond of a lot of detroit rappers as well. I'm a huge Eminem Fan.

MrDeAD1313 said:

It's all about that o.g Wu Tang. Something about old school east side hip-hop is so comforting to me for some reason.

Illmatic is the GOAT album

I'vr always found a lot of this genre to be annoyingly superficial (Though really, it was more so that my High School friends had really bad taste and thus listened to the shittiest examples), but it's a great medium for story telling. As Doomkid mentioned, Immortal Technique's Dance With the Devil is a prime example of a beat and a story.

Though yah, I like shallow stuff too once in a while.

Should'a posted it fool.

Clonehunter said:

I'vr always found a lot of this genre to be annoyingly superficial

Mainstream rap for the most part is total shit. The 90's was the golden age for hip hop, though there is plenty of underground, alternative artists still managing to keep it alive.

Mainstream anything is mostly shit. The good news about hip hop is the reign of crunk is over, and trap music must share space on the stage with conscious rap. Both are getting equal attention, and the inanity of trap musicians is very much in the spotlight (see the "confused rap genius" meme.)