Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Egyptian Guardian

Official Rap/Hip Hop Music Fan Thread

I like many flavors of Hip-Hop.

Whether it be on a more conscience tip...

Spoiler

Or perhaps just clever & funny word play is the name of the game...
Spoiler

Or maybe I'm looking for something more militant and aggressive...
Spoiler

Or depressive...
Spoiler

Of course you gotta respect the old school...
Spoiler

Lately, I've been digging into this underground trap/punk influenced style, drenched in horror and southern underground influence from acts such as Three 6 Mafia.
Spoiler

Could go on and on easily. I'm just a lover of music though, not just hip-hop. Metal, punk, industrial, electric (more on the aggrotech side), it's all good.

CARRiON said:

Could go on and on easily. I'm just a lover of music though, not just hip-hop. Metal, punk, industrial, electric (more on the aggrotech side), it's all good.

Me to CARRiON, I tend to push myself away from super depressive songs though personally because I find they're not good for my mental health. I used to listen to a lot of super depressive stuff all the time because "It's how I felt" But I found they usually send me deeper down a hole rather than help me at all.

As for eminem, I will share some songs many might not have heard.

Spoiler

And some his older music back from Infinite.
Spoiler

Bernie said:

And how did you embed the video into the blog I copied the link but it doesn't do anything

, ok, so when you check to the bottom left of the "Post Reply" you'll see "forum Rules", click on the blue hypertext link that says vB code, it'll tell you all the stuff you need to know. go to quote and you'll see it in your reply on the post reply page.

TheMightyHeracross said:

joe, RATM isn't hip-hop

No, but they have a rapper vocalist and plenty of hip-hop inspired guitar work. Plus they've done covers of hip-hop artists like Cypress Hill.

Edited by Guest

Ho boy. Love me some rap.

El-P has been doing his own brand of backpacker futuristic hiphop since the late 90's. If you play online doom and wonder where I got the name "FUNCRUSHER", well, now you know. These days he's doing Run the Jewels with Killer Mike.

Big L is one of those 90's east coast rappers that everybody seems to forget about, which is a shame because damn he was ferocious on the mic. Unfortunately, he died in a drive-by shooting in 99.

Cage sounds a lot like Eminem, but Cage was doing the whole "hardcore white rapper" shtick before Em. They even had beef back in the day. Despite his relative unpopularity, I honestly think Cage's early work has aged better than Eminem. Unfortunately, just like Eminem he took the emo route in the late 'oughts and fell off hard, but Hell's Winter and everything that came before it was solid.

Danny Brown is one of my favorite rappers of the 2010's. He has a knack for telling you about the party lifestyle, but then he'll tell you about the hangover too, and it seems like with every passing album he goes further and further off the deep end.

Action Bronson is another recent favorite. His Ghostface-inspired style of braggadocio rap always puts a smile on my face. He also used to be a gourmet chef, so there are frequent allusions to food in his lyrics, and he even has his own food show on VICE.

I prefer later Cage to early Cage, though some of Cage's early work is pretty great you can tell he was putting on a face. Among the Sleep is amazing though.

mistercow said:

Who here listened to the new tribe called quest album? Shits amazing.

Same. My favorite songs are "Dis generation" and "Enough".

This thread doesn't deserve to be on page 3. Here's a re-up.

People Under the Stairs is what you get when you get two DJ's together that decide to come together to create their own unique sound and maybe also I guess rap about partying and having a good time on top of that.

Ab-Soul is the kind of dude who thinks that JFK was assassinated by two shooters and that we faked the moon landing, so his material comes from a place of distrust of "the man" bordering on paranoia. Good music, though.

A Tribe Called Quest needs no introduction. Phife Dawg (RIP), Q-Tip, Ali Shaheed Muhammad, made some of the best rap music of the 90's while keeping it (mostly) socially conscious.

If Tribe held the flag for socially conscious lyrics in the 90's, Mr. Lif would be a frontrunner for the 00's. A Boston MC and Def Jukie, he released some solid material about being an everyman in the middle of a society on the express train to hell.

Can't tell you anything about this lady. Spotify has a number of auto-generated playlists that suggest you songs based on what albums you have saved and what you've listened to previously, and this is something I turned up from those depths. Thought it was catchy, so thought I'd share.

CARRiON said:

though some of Cage's early work is pretty great you can tell he was putting on a face.

Eh, to me the question of how "real" his persona was was kind of orthogonal to the point that he was sick on the mic.

Vinnie Paz feat. Block McCloud — End of Days

Spoiler

Sexion d'Assaut — J'ai pas les loves

Spoiler

Lefa — AVC

Spoiler

Yelawolf — Hillbilly Einstein

Spoiler

Twisted Insane — Beneath the stars

Spoiler

Soprano — Préface

Spoiler

The Shin Sekaï — Rêver

Spoiler

Struggle Jennings & Caitlynne Curtis — Cries of the crusaders

Spoiler

Tom MacDonald — The System

Spoiler

Hi-Rez & Jimmy Levy — God over government

Spoiler

Sexion d'Assaut, Dry, Dr. Beriz — Madame la Chance

Spoiler

L'Institut feat. Sexion d'Assaut — Ville fantôme

Spoiler

JR O Chrome & Doomams — L'ermite

Spoiler

Red Cross — Tombe dans le vide

Spoiler

Bigflo & Oli feat. Busta Rhymes — Ça va trop vite

Spoiler

Lady Insane feat. Twisted Insane — Gold dayz

Spoiler

Dax feat. Tom MacDonald — Propaganda

Spoiler

Dry — En place

Spoiler

Hi-Rez — Woke up

Spoiler

Abou Debeing — Vérité générale

Spoiler

Barack — A.D.

Spoiler

Sianna — Cœur orphelin

Spoiler

S.Pri Noir feat. Viviane Chidid — Seck

Spoiler

Eminem feat. Dido — Stan

Spoiler

Maska — Sommaire

Spoiler

JR O Chrome — Nouveau sergent

Spoiler

Petrodollars — Le zapping

Spoiler

Burden feat. Yo Simi, Kydd — Survival mode

Spoiler

Edited by Geniraul

Lady Insane feat. Twisted Insane, Gangsta Boo, T-Rock, Kamikazi, C. Ray — One last ride

Spoiler

Twisted Insane & Swisher Sleep — Rap game

Spoiler

Dry feat. Sexion d'Assaut — Wati bonhomme

Spoiler

Tech N9ne feat. Ceza, JL, U$O, Yelawolf, Twista, Busta Rhymes, D-Loc & Twisted Insane — Worldwide choppers

Spoiler

H Magnum feat. Sexion d'Assaut — Ça marche en équipe

Spoiler

DJ Kay Slay feat. Sheek Louch, Styles P, Dave East, Kxng Crooked, Black Thought, Conway, Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, Inspectah Deck, Papoose, Loaded Lux, AZ, Bun B, Fred the Godson, Jim Jones, Ransom, Rah Digga, Billy Danze, Lil Fame, Trae Tha Truth, Joell Ortiz, Lord Tariq, Cory Gunz, Peter Gunz, Shaq Diesel, Roy Jones jr, Kool DJ Red Alert, Redman, Young Buck, MC Serch, Big Daddy Kane, MC Shan, KRS1, Jon Connor, Twista, Drag-On, Chris Rivers, Nino Man, LockSmith, 3D Natee, Trick Trick, Tragedy Khadafi, E-A-Ski, Cassidy, Bumpy Knuckles, Gillie the King, Ice-T, Treach, Kool G Rapa, Lil Cease, RJ Payne, JR Writer, Shoota 93, Ms Hustle, Vado, Mysonne, Mistah F.A.B., Saigon, Melle Mel, Grandmaster Caz, Havoc, Tracey Lee, E.D.I. Mean, Young Noble, MC Gruff, Stan Spit, Sick Flo, Fredro Starr, Sticky Fingaz, Rass Kass, Termanology, DJ DooWop, Junior Reid, Oun P, Merkules, Wais P, Maino, Uncle Murda, PT Capone, Tony Starks, Mike Cee, Royal Flush, Super Lover Cee, Page Kennedy, Rockness, Gunplay, Sadat X, Grand Puba, Lord Jamar, Sonja Blade, Coke La Rock, Greg Nice, Smooth B, Consequence, Millyz, OT The Real, Ron Artest, Kaflow, Tone Trump, Hocus 45th, Omar Epps, Bodega Bamz, Bynoe, PTKNY, Aobie, King Kirk, Big Dubez, Tony Moxberg, Styleon, Chuck D, Sauce Money — Rolling 110 deep

Spoiler

Dax — The next rap god

Spoiler

Dax — The next rap god 2

Spoiler

Yelawolf — Dope

Spoiler

Lefa — Mise à jour

Spoiler

JR O Chrome & Doomams feat. Dr. Beriz — Fiston

Spoiler

Lefa — Fortune

Spoiler

Edited by Geniraul

I have never been much into rap or hip hop, but this last year or two I've been looking into the genre to branch out a little. I've taken a liking to Notorious B.I.G.,  and other artists from around that time. It's all great, lyrics are fucked up but I don't mind, the beats in these are fucking amazing too.

I haven't listened to full albums or anything, but I can list some of my favorite finds:

• Write This Down - Biggie
  • Mo money, mo problems - Biggie
  • Dance with the Devil - Immortal technique
  • Love for them gangstas - Eazy E
  • Big Poppa - Biggie

Have been lately looking into Death Grips aswell because i heard good things about them (and I can now see where the praise comes from). Very intense, it kicks ass.

C. Ray feat. Twisted Insane & Dayo G — Nightmare

Rohff — Valeur inversée

Edited by Geniraul

Here's some gr8 underground/alternative tunes

al.divino - last supper 

Spoiler

DJ Muggs & Estee Nack - Jabba Jaws

Spoiler

Lil Ugly Mane - Mista Thug Isolation(Album)

Spoiler

Curen$y & Alchemist - Half Moon Mornings

Spoiler

Conway the Machine - Blakk Tape

Spoiler

Spaceghostpurrp - Bringing the Phonk

Spoiler

Big Squig - Keep it going

Spoiler

Chris Travis - Where my money

Spoiler

Alvin Abyss - Horrorblock 2K55

Spoiler

Eto & Futurewave - Vintage 

Spoiler

Black Smurf - LSD2014/Cash Dummy

Spoiler

tha god fahim - I'm Dumpin!!!

Spoiler

Mach Hommy d shady & d lamp

Spoiler

Mach hommy & Tha God Fahim - Foreward

Spoiler

RLX - Cylindrical Penthouse

Spoiler

Necro - The Master of Ruckus

Spoiler

Goretex - The Art of Dying 

Spoiler

Goretex - New America 

Spoiler

Skyzoo & Torae - Get it Done

Spoiler

Primo - Down for my Crown(Album)

Spoiler

Bones & Xavier Wulf - 鈍ら墓地 

Spoiler

Edited by Bernie : I wanted to add more.