Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valkiriforce

Kamikaze Suicidal - A Plutonia map.

Hi, I decided to do somewhat of a sequel to my Plutonia Revisited map Suicide Mission since I sorta felt it was a little too close to the original material, so I thought to do another toxic base map for Plutonia. It replaces MAP22 and uses a Plutonia 2 midi from James Paddock - hope he doesn't mind it. Should work under any source port but I only tested with Chocolate Doom. Any feedback is welcome of course.

download

PS: originally I had the toxic waste as harmful, but since the original Impossible Mission waste wasn't harmful I decided to opt for a non-harmful experience. Just FYI to those wondering why there are pointless radsuits available in the beginning. :P

Really enjoyable map. Very spacious and breathable, looks great and gives a fun challenge without being overly difficult. Good choice making the nukage non-harmful in my opinion, that decision lent itself to a more exploratory experience. On my first attempt I got assraped by a chaingunner ambush, but my second attempt was more successful and gave me a chance to see the map much more thoroughly, but unfortunately I seemed to get stuck in the exit where you telefrag the archvile? Not sure what that was all about, but I still had quite a bit of fun with this. Good stuff!

First try I killed about half the monsters and got pasted point-blank by a Hell Knight in the little tower in the first big nukage area: if you don't have the BFG or the plasma rifle at a pinch, you're not likely to make it through unscathed. Pretty cool map with lots of inter-connectivity, but I did notice what I'm pretty sure is a bug: the teleporter you can take to telefrag the Arch-Vile near the BFG is a one way trip. I'm guessing the teleport lines around the Arch-Vile that let you get back need flipping.

Ack, that is a nasty surprise. I've since fixed that area so you can exit both ways. Download link should be updated and thanks for the heads up!

Hey, more Plutonia is always nice. I don't really have anything significant to say, but have an FDA if you like (I believe I downloaded the initial version of the wad, not the updated one). These are usually more eloquent than myself, heh.

Valk, in some months I'm gonna need you to make a list of these things that I'm missing so I can catch up :)