Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Any "recent" (last 5-15 years) vanilla/boom wads that'll run on vanilla-era hardware?

I'm certain most of the vanilla stuff I've made would run acceptably on older hardware, but there is a bit of a trend that many recent-ish vanilla releases push everything to it's absolute limit. I'd like to hear a few suggestions as well, all I can think of at the moment is old stuff!

I'm pretty sure that all the crap WADs I made will run acceptably. BTW I'd love it if you could test them, then I'll know whether I can call myself a True Vanilla Mapper (tm) (R) (C)
Heh.

bzzrak said:

I'm pretty sure that all the crap WADs I made will run acceptably. BTW I'd love it if you could test them, then I'll know whether I can call myself a True Vanilla Mapper (tm) (R) (C)
Heh.

Sure, I'll give 'em a try. I've even got a 486 sx on the way.

Have you been having bad luck playing supposed "vanilla" wads on your machine? I dont have the adequate hardware to test. Could you name some wads that haven't worked?

40oz said:

Have you been having bad luck playing supposed "vanilla" wads on your machine? I dont have the adequate hardware to test. Could you name some wads that haven't worked?

Mainly boom-compatible wads like sunlust and ancient aliens, sunlust crashes a few seconds in, aa doesn't load at all. Though in another thread I was told that boom-compatible really means prboom these days.