Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomfan444

How to get running DETH on W10?

I have always wanted to make doom maps the classic way. And since I am having problems with DB2 which crash every time i use it, I thought I could learn how to use it.
I just have a problem that says there is an error loading the folder where doom 2 is located. Its located on C:\Users\*****\Documents\Doom\DETH
Please help.

Is DB2 installed in Program Files?
Did you use the installer version for DB2?

For DETH read this. But it is a lot of work for little gain.

There are other map editors which might work for you

Slade3 is freeware and mostly up-to-date

Deepsea costs money for large maps, but is free for small ones. It is good up to Doom in Hexen format, it is no longer updated.

Wadauthor needs a lisence key after 15 days, it has not been updated for many years. Some kindhearted soul might send you the key. For ZDoom there is a special config file.

Yeah I used DETH a few times (don't ask). I'll get it again just to see how I set it up again.

IIRC, Eureka is also available.

Kappes Buur said:

Is DB2 installed in Program Files?

Just to clarify - it should NOT be. If it is installed in Program Files, there might be problems with read/write permissions of those files. Many Doom-related ports and utilities suffer from this problem. It's best to install them somewhere else than into Program Files.

scifista42 said:

Just to clarify - it should NOT be. If it is installed in Program Files, there might be problems with read/write permissions of those files. Many Doom-related ports and utilities suffer from this problem. It's best to install them somewhere else than into Program Files.

I just download the archive and then make a desktop folder. Why you ask? Takes less time AND easier to find.

IIRC, there should be some kind setup exe in there. Fron there, you type in the address to the iwad.