Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tindrone

Carry Monsters

Hey, I was wondering how would you carry a monster in ZDoom via scrolling floor like a conveyor belt? I tried the texture scroll and carry effects but my monster just stay in place until activated

Hey,
Making conveyor belts can be pretty easy once you've done it a few times; unfortunately I don't know the myriad of cool zDoom-y ways to make them, but I can make them in their most basic form, Boom format and though I'm sure the zDoom-specific ways are easier, the Boom way is pretty easy as well and has no problems working in zDoom.

From the sounds of it, you want a belt that is always on. I assume you want one which scrolls as it moves the things. In Boom format, action 253 is Scroll Floor, Move Things, which does what it says on the tin. For zDoom, the action number and the specific name might be different, but the action is there somewhere. In UDMF it might appear in a more general way, allowing differences based on options within the same action number.

Take that action and apply it to a line somewhere. The direction and facing of the line matter for this, as it scrolls things always to the left, relative of the line's facing. So choose according to the direction you want your belt to move. Tag the line and the sector(s) the same and it will be on from mapstart.

I wrote a more in-depth guide here: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-editing-tutorials/85294-basic-conveyor-belts/