Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Officer D

Doom 2 box art for Twitch

Ever since Twitch.tv replaced the classic Doom box art with the Doom 4 one, I've been a little upset about it. It doesn't make sense to have two different games in one category. Plus the classic box art was so much more awesome imo.

So I've been searching for ways to get the box art for Doom 2 up. It would seem like I've managed to get all the requirements worked out but had no success with twitch. Maybe if we spam the requests, we will get noticed. Or if one of the more popular streamers has contacts to one of the twitch staff members, we might get this up.

So this is where you go to add box art : Adding a Game and Box Art to the Directory
The requirements are clear :

1. The game must already exist in the Twitch game directory. To add a game to the directory, see the process above.
    2. The image size needs to be 600px x 800px and must be a .jpg. The image cannot contain a developer logo, a platform logo or an ESRB rating. Please use official boxart!

They also mention that the game must be approved on Giantbomb.com. Wich seems to be the case. http://www.giantbomb.com/doom-ii-hell-on-earth/3030-621/

Since I couldn't find any box art that had no logos or icons on it. I simply took the original oil painting and did a little bit of image editing. This is the result :

Now I'm not sure if quality control had somthing to criticize about since there is no feedback. But it would be nice to have this as a thumbnail for Doom streamers.

add this in the submission boxes :

Link to game in Twitch directory : https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Doom%20II%3A%20Hell%20on%20Earth

Link to a Image on imgur.com : http://imgur.com/a/eTXVw

Update!!

So all our effort on twitch has finally payed off. Twitch first pulled a dick move in changing the terms of adding a box art to their library. Now you have to be a developer or publisher to do this. Maybe all my viewers requests got on their nerves :)

Anyway, after that I tweeted to the man himself, John Romero. Now I am not sure if this is responsible for the accomplishment or not.

But after a while and losing hope of this ever being achieved, I suddenly noticed they finally added the box art! Huzzah! Not as good as the old Doom box art, that is now replaced with the ugly COD style Doom 2016 cover, but hey. I'll take it ;)

Not going to lie that is a fancy looking pic you have there! The original high-res oil painting looks fantastic as always but the logo on top is crisp and sharp but blends in perfectly with the colours!

If only we had a copy of the original boxart painting for the first game... :(

FuzzballFox said:

Not going to lie that is a fancy looking pic you have there! The original high-res oil painting looks fantastic as always but the logo on top is crisp and sharp but blends in perfectly with the colours!

Thanks, The logo was taken from the Deviantart user thedoctor45.