Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mosshopper

Aracnocide – The Hives of Madness (WIP)

Aracnocide – The Hives of Madness is a work in progress simple levelset designed for the Aracnocide gameplay mod by GAA1992. It currently features 2 levels in the Map01 and Map02 slots. It uses the Too Much Brown Texture Pack by Tormentor667, and will feature custom music. I plan to make at least two more levels for it. You can download it here

Requires Aracnocide and doomworld.com/idgames/graphics/2mbrown]Too Much Brown

Screenshots:

Spoiler

City ParkDead End

Credits: GAA1992, Tormentor667 and iD Software

In all seriousness, i am very, very happy for this.

Never thought somebody would do that. I feel flattered!

Feedback on maps: They are fluid and wide, but that doesn't make them easy; i had to keep my aiming straight to avoid running out of ammo. That, along with the fact i have some ideas for "Arachnophobia" mode, would bring wide battles to another level. The second level in particular has a great design, i just didn't found all the secrets.

I would really like to know what are your plans for the next two levels.

I acted dumb for leaving Aracnocide aside of my projects to focus on Lowtech, even though i can't fix some issues on the main Aracnocide file. But, as soon as you might be reading this, i uploaded a little file that applies only the enemies of the game into the gameplay. It messes around with MAPINFO, but it shouldn't be a major problem.

I tested it with many weapon mods and they worked fine, i haven't found any issues. So, the actual link is here, but it will receive updates and will be present on the main Aracnocide thread. I'm not against cross-posting, really. I just wanted to achieve an stable build before bringing my creations into another Doom forum.

Here's the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e9f6hc95yg9o6jr/AracnocideEnemies.pk3

Hope you have fun!

I wasn't expecting a response from the creator of the mod. I'm more flattered than you are I guess.

GAA1992 said:

Feedback on maps: They are fluid and wide, but that doesn't make them easy; i had to keep my aiming straight to avoid running out of ammo. That, along with the fact i have some ideas for "Arachnophobia" mode, would bring wide battles to another level. The second level in particular has a great design, i just didn't found all the secrets.

Thanks for the feedback. I thought Map02 was a little weaker than the first, due to being limited to dark caves.

GAA1992 said:

I would really like to know what are your plans for the next two levels.

Map03 will be in the hive you enter at the end of Map02, ammo will be even scarcer, found only on the bodies of dead UAC marines who died in vain fending off the arachnid hordes. I have a couple ideas for Map04, but I'm not sure how I'd implement them due to being limited to Boom format. I might also make a bonus level, but that's not guaranteed. Map03 will definitely feature more of the bigger arachnids unlike Map01, no flies or wasps here.

It's cool man, the maps are yours, the hive-only level would be unevitable, we both know that. But, i tell you something: don't do it with haste. As i already left on main page, i have to work more deeply to get the game 100% again.

Do it with ease and the players might like this combination along. ;)

EDIT:

ammo will be even scarcer, found only on the bodies of dead UAC marines who died in vain fending off the arachnid hordes.

I like the looks of this.

Map03: The Hive is complete. No screenshots because it would ruin the surprise. Features the first custom music track. Though your feet tremble, and your courage is failing, you push forward through the empty, cobweb-ridden tunnels of the arachnid hive. Sounds and smells fill the corridors, the smell of rot and iron, and the sound of exoskeletons rattling. Chittering, and clicking, the arachnids drag the broken down remains of the giant wasps and flies, mixed in with the torn-bodies of UAC marines.
Download

Sorry for the late reply but i've finally downloaded it! This is getting really good! I'm looking foward to this ;)