Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaws In Space

Is there a Doom 3 textures pack for Doom or Doom 2?

I know that there are a lot of game texture packs for Doom such as Quake, Duke Nukem, & others, but one I can't seem to find is a Doom 3 texture pack. I've searched for it before, but the closest I've seen are some youtube videos from what appears to be someones unreleased project. If a Doom 3 texture pack does exist can you point me to it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Doom 3 is one of these modern games that use a more sophisticated and complicated texture rendering system. So you can rip Doom 3 textures directly but they won't look right in Doom. See this old thread though all the images are dead now unfortunately.

Anyway it's probably why a texture pack for classic Doom doesn't exist.

"d3d2_25d.wad" from Doom2.5, working and safe download link here, there may or may not be a better / more up-to-date download link somewhere.

Idk how close they are to Doom 3 exactly, but I know the texture set DMPhobos and Z0k are using in Darkmoon is of that style. Idk if they made the textures or are using them from somewhere else, so you may have to find out who to credit.

*Edit*
Ah, good catch scifista

Pedro VC said:

Legacy of Suffering has some doom 3 textures.

That was the one that came to my mind. Just forgot the title... I have to replay it sometime.

Yeah as Gez pointed out, the Doom 3 stock textures are designed to be only viewed with nice strong directional lighting to add in the shadows and shading. Taking in the harsh omnipresent lighting of Doom 1/2 they'd just look unfinished.

You'd basically need to back the shadows directly into the textures themselves to get them to show up nicely in Doom.

Ah well thanks for the answers everyone. I figured there had to be a reason why I was having so much trouble finding the textures. Too bad they don't transfer well, it would have been fun to make some Doom 3 looking maps for Doom 2.

scifista42 said:

The authors of Darkmoon said they took the textures from Doom2.5.

Some of the textures such as some floors and a few walls are from Doom 2.5, the rest of the Doom 3 textures were ripped by z0k since most of the Doom 2.5 were quite blurry and low quality. He also resized them to the "standard" size of textures in doom maps. the rest such as some walls, crate and animated door textures were made by urric for our proyect

I would really like a Doom 3 and 4 pallete adjusted texture pack. Not all textures would work in classic Doom but a lot would.