Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Voros

Microsoft is at it again.

Show me a video editor of this quality and a "KILL CORTANA" button and then we'll talk about Windows 10, Mr. Microsoft.

I don't buy anything Microsoft other than Xbox gear. I got burned bad on microsoft surface and all of their physical products are overpriced. I won't touch this with a ten foot pole.

Jaxxoon R said:

Show me a video editor of this quality and a "KILL CORTANA" button and then we'll talk about Windows 10, Mr. Microsoft.

You can "Kill Cortana"....

Wild Dog said:

You can "Kill Cortana"....

IIRC you can only turn off Cortana in Win10 Pro. In Win10 Home she will never ever stop popping up.

Linguica said:

IIRC you can only turn off Cortana in Win10 Pro. In Win10 Home she will never ever stop popping up.

I had Windows 10 Home, and there was an option where you could turn off Cortana.

VonHootie02 said:

I had Windows 10 Home, and there was an option where you could turn off Cortana.

Not in the Anniversary Update. You can turn it off in Pro by defining a group policy to disallow it, but in Home the only way is to go into the registry and add a new magic value (i.e., something 95% of people will never do).

HorrorMovieGuy said:

Is windows trying to be apple now? I'm not saying this in a necessarily negative way either, just asking.

Not only Microsoft, Google and even Apple... They don´t try to be APPLE, but they try to be Steve Job´s Apple. That´s why when they release something, they try to mimic Steve Job...

It's weird because everyone's complaining about Cortana on Windows 10 Home but that's almost never an issue for me. She hardly ever pops up.

J.B.R said:

So Microsoft is copying the rotten Apple, huh?
Lol, way to go Microsoft.

At least they have fresher apples.

This might be nifty for graphics artists, but I don't see this having anything to offer a user such as myself. I do music, gaming, and programming, none of which can really benefit from a touchscreen interface.

It is probably meant for graphic designers under the fact the industry is clogged with Apple computers. Surface Studio appears to be a direct competitor.

My question is what does it do better than a pen display? Because looking at past Surfaces price point I can't see this thing being less than $3000. I wouldn't spend my hard earned money on a companys product line that has been riddled with physical issues. if they want my attention they'll have to surpass Wacom by a long shot, in the Graphics design feild this is it's real competitor http://www.wacom.com/en-us/products/pen-displays/cintiq-27-qhd-touch

I love DoomWorld forums, is one few places that i can feel like in the 90s!!!. People talking about MS like in the 90s... Yet they do have every single I product in the Market.

The dumb thing is that the number of Creatives who are genuinely clamoring for the Surface Studio thing is basically a rounding error to a company like Microsoft.

Let's say it completely eats the lunch of the high end 27" Wacom Cintiq tablet. Looks like in FY 2016 Wacom had about $470 million in sales total. If 20% of that revenue was from the 27QHD (which seems optimistic) then that would be about 50,000 units sold in FY 2016.

In comparison, the Surface Book, which has been considered something of a sales flop, still probably sold at least 200K units in FY 2016.

True, I suppose my statement about wacom being their competitor might be a bit off as I was only thinking towards the professional end of the market going towards Digital artists. With Microsofts Advertising (I will admit that was a catchy ass comercial) and brand name to the public, the Surface Studio will have far more reach than wacom products. I do wonder how it competes with it performance wise though.