Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buu342

Need suggestions for a minigame wad I'm making

If you can get a whole bunch of minigame types (over 25), then maybe you could make it so you only play a minigame one time per game. For instance, once a minigame has been chosen, it won't be chosen again. It would still be random, but you would no longer have, say, the Don't Stop Moving! game come up a second time.

Ichor said:

If you can get a whole bunch of minigame types (over 25), then maybe you could make it so you only play a minigame one time per game. For instance, once a minigame has been chosen, it won't be chosen again. It would still be random, but you would no longer have, say, the Don't Stop Moving! game come up a second time.

Yeah I am planning on releasing AT LEAST 50 minigames with this (Currently 24 have been made). I'll try to release more as time goes on.

ACS's Random function is terrible, as it tends to repeat a lot. So this is a definite must add.

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I've been a bit busy recently. I've been also working on some bug fixes that were causing game-breaking issues.

So currently I made it so that the game calculates the player with the highest score. This will allow you to detect who the current top player is, and make his life miserable so that you can take the top spot.

I've also made it so that the game no longer repeats minigames, as I have currently made 30 minigames.

Here's some screenshots:

Spoiler

Thank you scifista42 for the E1M1 idea and Ichor for the dive into the water idea.

Abduction Antics: UFOs appear and send their beams down to the ground (think of Galaga). You need to go to where the beams are to win. Or you could go the other way, where the UFOs move around with their beams (different colored, maybe red), and you need to avoid them.

Infinitely Improbable Mission: Reach the end, but you need to avoid detection from the lasers and cameras.

This Blows!: The wind is really strong. Try to get near an obstacle (tree, barrier, whatever) to avoid being blown off the side of a cliff.

Diving For Dollars: In the water area, you go down instead of up and collect a coin on the bottom.

Dick Dastardly: Shoot a Doom Kart racer (they won't be other players) as they zoom by.

Faulty Chaingun: Shoot the enemy, but your chaingun is now semi-automatic. You'll need to constantly mash the button until it dies.

Twister: On a multicolored floor, you will need to go to any square of a certain color to win.

Perfect Hatred: A Doom Kart race to the end of that central area of E4M2.

Spam the Forums: This one might be tough to create. Your screen changes to a view of Doomworld's Reply to Topic window (not a link to the actual forums, just an image with the blinking cursor where the message appears). You need to type in a short message (anything will do) and press Enter.

Don't Get Telefragged: In the main area, enemies randomly spawn in (mancubus probably). Try to not be in a spot where one appears.

Doom It (like Bop It): You have a rapid series of commands that you must do (10 maybe?). Fire, Alt-fire, Jump, Crouch, or do nothing. Choose the wrong one or fail to do anything in time (except for 'do nothing') and you fail.

The Air Is Lava (or the gas from Quake TF's rock2): The area that turns to lava in The Floor is Lava will instead turn to water. You have a few seconds to dive in before the air turns toxic.

Ichor said:

This Blows!: The wind is really strong. Try to get behind an obstacle (tree, barrier, whatever) to avoid being blown off the side of a cliff.

In Doom, it'd be a better idea to get in front of that obstacle, so that the obstacle would not protect you by "blocking the wind" (which would be hard to implement anyway), but physically block you from being pushed by the wind.

scifista42 said:

In Doom, it'd be a better idea to get in front of that obstacle, so that the obstacle would not protect you by "blocking the wind" (which would be hard to implement anyway), but physically block you from being pushed by the wind.

Well, with some cleverly created sectors it could be possible to make it work. I can create a V shaped sector without the wind effect on it behind the obstacle.

Awesome ones too. Love the Air is Lava one, it oughta screw with people thanks to the floor is lava one. I also really like the DoomWorld one, but might be a tad hard to implement. I'll see what I can do.

Fire Walk With Me (or "Keep Moving", but with fire): Everyone leaves behind fire trails as they walk around. The object is to avoid everyone's fiery trails, including your own.

Grenade Basketball: Launch a grenade through a basketball hoop.

Avoid the Spikes: Hexen spikes (or maybe those ROTT blade traps) pop out of the ground in random places.

Ichor said:

Fire Walk With Me (or "Keep Moving", but with fire): Everyone leaves behind fire trails as they walk around. The object is to avoid everyone's fiery trails, including your own.

Grenade Basketball: Launch a grenade through a basketball hoop.

Avoid the Spikes: Hexen spikes (or maybe those ROTT blade traps) pop out of the ground in random places.

Be careful with events that involve chance. We don't want to punish a player for something they had no control over.

Maybe there could be some indication right before the thing rises up. Like the spot where it pops up could blink red or something. It would easier to see with the ROTT trap, since it's a little bigger and more obvious than the Hexen spike.

Also, that pumpkin thing was way too complicated. The grenade idea I originally had was a lot better and easier to implement.

Minesweeper
You need to shoot every floor and be careful,because if you shoot the floor with the landmine you will explode.The one who cleans every floor except that with the mine or at least survives wins.Also i ve got an idea for boss battle:
Cyber Mayhem
You need to fight Cyberdemon in a city-like envoronment and the one who defeats the cyberdemon wins.Bonus points are received for last standing

Stop...Hammer Time: Time stops for a few seconds, except for the players and each one has a suped up hammer of retribution. Since time has stopped, the projectiles will not be moving. The object is to survive the restarting of time and all of the hammers that will be flying around at that point. Although you could just smack other players with the hammer's melee attack if you wanted.

Bumper Souls: Everyone is a lost soul inside a room maybe a bit bigger than the main hub, but not very high (so everyone would be more or less at the same level). Maybe a couple of columns thrown in. You can slowly float around, but your attack is the charge attack. You will quickly fly straight until you hit another player or a wall, with no turning leeway until you stop. If you run into another player, that player is out. If someone runs into you, you're out. A head on collision (i.e. both players charging at each other) would result in both players dying. If you hit someone head on but he isn't charging, only he is out. Your best bet is to attack from the back or sides, right after someone has charged into a wall (since it will take a second or two to reposition himself for another charge).

Hey guys. I'm trying to push out 11 new games for the next update (leaving the game count at 80). Issue is, once that's done, I have 20 to go to 100 but only 3 ideas left from my pot. I need to suggestions to keep coming in!

Here's a few more off the top of my head:

Tic-Tac-Toe: You're X. Shoot the square that wins the game.

Something similar to the skull floor puzzle in 1monster map 24. You have to run across a flat floor, but there are scattered skull squares which you must avoid.

Spam left click to blow up a balloon. After a set time, you rise up depending on how much air you put into it, or not at all if there's not enough. You have to reach a certain height to win.

Survive the lil' doomguys breaking out of mirrors. They won't do much damage with their tiny shotguns, but they are fast and there's a lot of them.

William Tell: Use a bow an arrow to shoot an oversized apple off of an imp's head.

Spam left click to reload a shotgun using at least one of Sgt. Shivers' shotgun reload animations.

You're looking through a camera and you have to wait until a UFO zips by. The object is to left click at that moment to take a picture of it.

Shoot at a target, but there's a glass barrier in the direct path. Instead, you will have to shoot a bouncing projectile (no momentum lost) to bank shot the target.

Suitepee's Nightmare: In the rocket sumo area, survive a barrage of revenant rockets.

Doom and Doom 2 trivia questions (related to the iwads only). The answers are numbers (i.e. 'How many bullets does a zombieman drop?' or 'How many pellets does a shotgun fire?') which you shoot in the math area.

And for some odd reason, I can't seem to beat that dive for the coin game.

Ichor said:

-ideas-

Thanks for the multitude of suggestions as always! I already had one like the balloon one planned (open the doomware_testbeta1_6d.wad and open the TODO lump, you'll see it there), but you gave me an extra idea for that one.

Here's what I have planned so far. The ones that are starred are planned for the next update. I already added in your new suggestions

Spoiler

*Falcon Punch
*Put Yourself out (Fire extinguisher)??? (make it Software friendly somehow)
-Reach the end (VOID)
*Chex Quest
-Pop a Balloon (click to inflate)
*Eat the # (ALA Pokemon Stadium)
*Kart Random Version
*OldSchool RuneScape Themed Game
*Mario Themed Game
-Charge Your Laz0r
-Aliens Themed Game
-Freedoom Themed Game
-Batman Themed Game
-Rickroll a player
-Survive Super Sonic Doom Cyberdemon
-Town Infection Themed Game

-Kapanyo - Reach the End (The chasm)
*Ichor - Jumpman (You're stationary, but the hallway is scrolling making it look like you're running. Barrels roll at you and you must jump over them.)
-Ichor - Hit A Target (Shoot The Karts)
-Ichor - Survive (Faulty Chaingun)
*Ichor - Basketball
*Ichor - Shoot Apple Off Imp's Head
*Ichor - Hit The Target behind glass with grenade by shooting over.

Some other things I've seen:

The don't get wet game can be annoying. When you start, you're not immedately facing the umbrella, and you need to spend those precious milliseconds looking for it. By the time you do, it's too late.

The disappearing block game (the large one) is a bit tricky in the beginning. You have to run to the next green block, but the first one starts up high. I usually clip that first red one and end up falling.

Perhaps randomize the 1-up locations.

Oh, and one more idea for now: Eat a Caco Taco.

Ichor said:

Some other things I've seen:

The don't get wet game can be annoying. When you start, you're not immedately facing the umbrella, and you need to spend those precious milliseconds looking for it. By the time you do, it's too late.

The disappearing block game (the large one) is a bit tricky in the beginning. You have to run to the next green block, but the first one starts up high. I usually clip that first red one and end up falling.

Perhaps randomize the 1-up locations.

Oh, and one more idea for now: Eat a Caco Taco.

1) Yeah, but that's the point. You gotta look for it and then run to it fast. Strafe running is a must on higher speeds.

2) Can I get a screenshot of the specific blocks you're reffering to?

3) Will try that out.

Buu342 said:

2) Can I get a screenshot of the specific blocks you're reffering to?

At the beginning, I go to the right along those red blocks. I step off of the green one and land on the red one, then fall right off instead of jumping to the next one. It's not a map error or anything. It's just me not timing that jump just right.

Guest Unregistered account

Bloody hell, that's awesome =D

I'd love to see this released! I expect it'll flood Doomseeker.

This looks mental. I'm gonna try it out with a friend this weekend but just skimming the thread, it looks like you did an awesome job!