Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Run For It!" is a gameplay mod that adds legs and ability to run to a lot of objects that never asked for this.
Download (moddb)
Source ports: ZDoom 2.8.1+, GZDoom 1.9.1/2.1.1+, Zandronum 3+
Version: 1.0.3
Changelog:

Spoiler

Fixed transformed barrels chasing untransformed barrels if barrel mode is friendly and target barrels is set to true. Unfortunately barrels will stop transforming when they see player, you have to alert them by shooting, or wait when a hostile monster comes close to them. If barrels and monsters are placed close to each other, barrels will transform at the level start, so you will miss all the fun, but I'd rather have this behavior, than the bugged one.

1.0.2 - 2016-12-11
Proper workaround for barrel problem. Now barrels have additional setting - wait for player to transform. Works for friendly barrels, this makes them wait till the player arrives before they transform. If set to no, barrels will start chasing nearby monsters immediately (this is useful in map23, for example, so barrels won't kill you after first teleport). Friendly barrels now won't be targeted by player projectiles, even if target barrel option is set to yes.
Fixed cacodemon/pain elemental death sounds a bit.
Added russian version of the manual.

Fixed small running bfg balls exploding animations.
Corrected manual a bit.

Zdoom forum thread

Prerelease videos:

Spoiler

Edited by Cherepoc

Those lost souls are really adorable. Can't wait for the official release of this one.

I wonder what's going to happen with this mod in deathmatch with projectile weapons only.

antares031 said:

I wonder what's going to happen with this mod in deathmatch with projectile weapons only.

Sadly, I can't make it work good in deathmatch right now. Projectiles will pass through each other, the running ones will not autotarget other players. Though there is a target command, with which you can target any other player or monster manually. Coop will be supported fully.

10/10 that's just fantastic. I like the effects you've used and the implementation of them to form this cohesive project; it looks like fun! I have to echo antares here, though I see your reply to him and understand, but still, I'd love to see this mod made for DM; seems like it'd be a lot of fun.

I don't think a single section of the Cacowards won't be highly contested this year; what a year!

Fonze said:

I have to echo antares here, though I see your reply to him and understand, but still, I'd love to see this mod made for DM; seems like it'd be a lot of fun.

I know! I made some features specifically with deathmatch in mind, but current zdoom don't allow to do many things, in a straightforward way at least (and I doubt zscript will help that, lol). I still will try my best to implement as many thing as I can.

Fonze said:

I don't think a single section of the Cacowards won't be highly contested this year; what a year!

I don't think I will make it for this year cacowards.

DuoDynamo said:

Where have you been all my life?

Mostly at home making really stupid wads and then abandoning and never releasing them.
In fact I abandoned this one two years ago, but recently saw that new zdoom version was finally released and zscript is coming next, got inspired and decided to finally finish something.

Another video:

Decided not to implement everything I wanted (most of it has nothing to do with the running things anyway) and release the mod before cacowards. Is 4th December okay? Currently waiting for my friend to do some artwork, if it won't be done by 4th December, I will release the mod without it (will be included with update).

This looks like fun, imagine playing Sunder or one of the big slaughterwads with this..

PS: Post this on the ZDoom forums as well.

Hilarious, good stuff. Best fun I've had on Entryway in awhile. And Barrels o' Fun is really something else now :D

I just ran through Knee Deep in the Dead with Hostile barrels.

I can't

words

holy shit.

EDIT: the only thing I think I want added to this is the ability to punch projectiles before they hit you. Can this be looked at?

Spoiler

If this is already in and I'm just bad at punching things then I apologise

an_mutt said:

the only thing I think I want added to this is the ability to punch projectiles before they hit you.

Projectiles are shootable, so you can punch them. Some projectiles have higher health, depends on their damage. Try berserk. Also read the manual.