Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bloodshot

Server Maintenance - 4hvwtbg2 - campaign

Just released E1M2 of my currently unnamed mini-campaign. The first map is Quantum Hazard, and it was updated with next map settings for this map

A little bit of campaign, a bit of Doom 1 E1M2 thrown in, and a hint of doom 64 in there as well. Can be played standalone but meant to be played after quantum hazard - MQ6NU6PF

Post a screenshot if you find the classic doom easter egg, takes you to a secret level

Wait we're not supposed to start by the 'cargo lift' area! It's a bug that resulted from a test player start you forgot to delete! I was still able to play the level after loosing a life, an starting at the PROPER start. Please re-upload. That said, I played through it. First, the other bugs:

- loadouts should be rearranged so you have the shotgun selected upon start, imo
- no checkpoints? Except for one start that has you facing the burning small door. Well it's in the central hub area so that might be THE intentional checkpoint but an on-screen notification would be nice. And you face a static burning door.
- the final gore nest room doesn't actually lock you in, the 'lockdown' prop is just for show. Not sure if this was intentional. And when you die you don't restart in (or near) that module (but near-ish).
- No music for majority of the map? Not sure if this was intentional. The 'E1M2' remix would have fit good here as it's a more ambient track comaprable to the silence that I played most of the map through.

Now that the 'bad' is out of the way, we can get to the good - which far outweighs the easily fixable bugs I mentioned. The custom geometry was spot-on, and areas did in fact pay homage to both E1M1 (well, the DOOM campaign homage) and E1M2. The computer maze and dropoff both appear here, and the vent system you have going on works wonders. I like the other nod to the DOOM campaign with the 'arm' puzzle and things weren't too hard to find. The pacing was spot on and I loved the Revenant sounds you added as well. Also, the exit lift (pictured, so not a spoiler) looks cool as Hell, though maybe the classic teleporter sound should play while you're whisked away into what will be the next map. ;)

Sorry about that, it's fixed now. Also added an extra checkpoint and a lockdown because i didn't realize locking the door through a trigger doesn't work on key doors.

I tried to use ambient hums instead for music because there's only so many ambient tracks to choose from in snapmap and e1m2 remix for the 40th time seemed less appealing than using the ambient sounds they give you

I Really enjoyed your level and i didn't even finish it yet, How do i get the key from John's body, apparently it's stuck up in the cargo, Is there some kind of switch, or some way to climb up there.

EDIT : Nevermind, Had to press use on the cargo, was kinda unobvious tbh lol .
EDIT #2 : Welp, map crashed, It said "error detected in map logic" as i was going back to Blue door, I don't remember exactly where, just thought i should let you know .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

EDIT #2 : Welp, map crashed, It said "error detected in map logic" as i was going back to Blue door, I don't remember exactly where, just thought i should let you know .

Yup same here

Was really enjoying it up until that point too :(

Doktor Mandrake said:

Yup same here

Was really enjoying it up until that point too :(

I really hope id fixes this annoying glitch, Snapmap was stopped being supported in the worst moment. It just feels like an abandoned mode.

I mean, in itself is a fantastic mode, but there were still so many things they could have added to it.

watstha said:

I really hope id fixes this annoying glitch, Snapmap was stopped being supported in the worst moment. It just feels like an abandoned mode.

I mean, in itself is a fantastic mode, but there were still so many things they could have added to it.

Have they stated they stopped supporting it? Because they told us originally we'd be gettin free updates to snapmap for a year

But yeah, if they could get that bug fixed, along with bug that makes playing co-op/mp on maps impossible.. Then snapmap would be perfect!

Yeah, I believe there is at least one more free update coming with 'unspecified' Modules, plus bug fixes and whatnot continuing throughout. I hope it's the 'boss' update and they add boss critters. Looking back, I can see why they'd keep bosses for last, sonce, well, they're BOSSES lol.

ShadesMaster said:

Yeah, I believe there is at least one more free update coming with 'unspecified' Modules, plus bug fixes and whatnot continuing throughout. I hope it's the 'boss' update and they add boss critters. Looking back, I can see why they'd keep bosses for last, sonce, well, they're BOSSES lol.

Oh god you're playing with my heart strings now

And I agree, it would make sense to save that for last.. And that would be one awesome as fuck last update! :) (along with bug fixes ofc!)

Doktor Mandrake said:

Oh god you're playing with my heart strings now

And I agree, it would make sense to save that for last.. And that would be one awesome as fuck last update! :) (along with bug fixes ofc!)

Damn right! =D I really hope it is our christmas present, having those bosses would make a whole world of difference. Although, I´m also hoping for the rest of the weapons from the multiplayer and the rest of the items!