Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
40oz

Tabbed map browsing in GZDB

Does GZDoombuilder support tabbed maps (akin to tabs in an internet browser) to have multiple maps open at once? It would be nice to have multiple versions of a map open at once for comparison or to try to copy details from another map from a different wad and be able to rapidly change between them.

If not, is it likely or possible as a feature in the future?

It doesn't, and is probably unlikely to.

Even SLADE which does support having several different archives opened in tabs can only open one map at once -- if you open another, the previous is closed.

40oz said:

Does GZDoombuilder support tabbed maps (akin to tabs in an internet browser) to have multiple maps open at once? It would be nice to have multiple versions of a map open at once for comparison or to try to copy details from another map from a different wad and be able to rapidly change between them.

Open multiple instances of GZDB

40oz said:

If not, is it likely or possible as a feature in the future?

Well, you could ask MaxED to implement it

I haven't tried it with GZDB, but in earlier versions, you can't copy-and-paste stuff from one map to another in multiple instances of the editor.

Empyre said:

I haven't tried it with GZDB, but in earlier versions, you can't copy-and-paste stuff from one map to another in multiple instances of the editor.

You can do this in DB2, which in all likelihood means you can in GZDB as well.

Fonze said:

You can do this in DB2, which in all likelihood means you can in GZDB as well.

Then it must have been the original DB in which I tried this. Since that didn't work, I never tried it in later version.