Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chezza

Doom 2016 Animation - Funny

Hello everyone.

I don't believe this animation has been posted here as of yet. I find it has pretty funny moments. Most of these projects I find too cheesy but this... this is alright. Kudos to them.

Finally got the chance to watch it. That was straight up funny! Am I right lads, or am I right lads?

DUUMB is also another parody, and it doesn't go in the direction of the random humour you say, so might as well check it out.

On a serious note, what exactly happened during the jetpack demon part? It's worth mentioning I'm not very familiar with Undertale.

Both this and Duumb suffer from sloppy writing. I think maybe it's because they're young. It's just not very well paced, or clever. It's cute, though. "A" for effort. Doom tributes are always neat.

If any of you have time, check out Claycat's doom. It's quite cheesy, and the humor is dryer than the Sahara, but the claymation work is stunningly detailed and definitely worth mentioning.

My sense of humour is probably old fashioned and I'm probably taking this far too seriously, but most of the humour in this struck me as just being the usual "Demons are actually a bunch of ok dudes that say random silly crap, then DoomGuy comes in and is being a big mean brute - oh if only he would sit down and TALK to the demons instead of killing them, because violence solves nothing and you are a dumb brute for liking a game about killing demons, because venting your frustrations is SO Neanderthal!".

Wake me up when someone makes an actual, not-at-all-condescending, funny Doom parody where the Demons are actually, y'know, evil (but still comical) like fictional demons tend to be.

Claycat's Doom was actually rather funny and it had stop-motion clay animation that reminded me of better moments of my childhood :D