Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raymoohawk

concept feedback needed

hey guys i talked with captainj over at the zdoom forums and he made a few concepts for freedoom monsters. what do you think?

wolf ss

Spoiler

arachnotron
Spoiler

spiderdemon
Spoiler

there was also a lost soul concept, since i talked to him before cwolf's return, but i guess this one is not neccesary anymore
Spoiler

Well uhhh... let's see:

I do like idea of Centurion, he looks like your pestmeister (did I type it right?) so it will fit perfectly.

Lost soul concept seems nice too. Better than my version of deadflare, probably.

green robo-thing seems... strange, but alright.

Wolf SS concept is too similar to Doomguy. I might to take this one for my next spritesheet after I'll finish with some of decorations.

Wolf SS: i like the overall design of the body (could use some more work though), but the helmet should change.
Arachnotron: that is pretty strange IMO. The current one is better in terms of design.
Spider Mastermind: now this is cool. Has good potential and mixes well with Freedoom if you ask me.
Lost Soul: meh, hard to tell from that sketch. But I guess it'll look way more different than Doom's Lost Soul, with all that detail. Cwolf's is also pretty different, but it's more simple compared to this one. I can't say if it's actually better than Cwolf's.

in term of concept I made this raw sketch on possible Wolf SS replacer. With this it may be used on any map as some sort of elite unit.

cwolf i like your suggestion for the wolfss, but i think the gun should be grafted into the arm, since the monster will not drop a weapon

about the lost soul, i really like the new one you made, except for the mostly static animation. i am planning on editing it a bit later to give it more animation, so maybe i'll add elements from captainj's desgin to it

i also like cap's design for the spider, but i think the legs should look stronger and thicker something in between the boom in the below excavator and the legs of the doom '16 spiderdemon

Spoiler

If I had time, I could adapt the Strider-Centurion, the Robo-Tettigo and the Galactic-Trooper into sprites.