Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

user Malinku was murdered

Man, that's sad. I remember Tridroid, bought some music from there. Seemed cool from the very little I've spoken too him.

Rest in Peace, man.

I think I remember talking to him maybe once or twice. Such a nice guy to talk to and a damn shame as to what happened to him.

It makes me sad to realize how someone who seems so nice could just die for no reason (ಥ ̯ ಥ)

may god bless his soul

My very small number of very limited interactions with Malinku the past few years were all nothing but enjoyable and stimulating. My sincere condolences to all those fortunate enough to have known him better than I did.

2016 has been a shit year! Many great people died. May they rest in peace and their families have the strength to endure the suffering. :( Thank you Malinku for all you have done for the Doom community.

Mobius said:

St Paul Minnesota is a horrible place to live in.

I lived there most my life, St Paul is no more dangerous then any other city.

North Minneapolis on the other hand, I've actually been shot at there.

RIP Malinku.

Wow, this is some really sad news. I didn't know of Malinku to be honest, but it's sad to know that a well known forum user here has died. I hope they track down the man who murdered Malinku.

I even happened to meet him in a Zandronum game, it was awesome to recognize each other from Doomworld. He was quite a cool player, he even talked about some of his wads (I'm wondering if I was actually inside one of his levels that time...) This is unnerving. I hope the killer(s) get(s) caught.

It's always sad to read that a fellow doomer died, but murdered, that's sickening.

Thank you for your work Malinku and rest in peace.

Judging by the news article, he seemed like a very artistic and creative individual who had a lot going for him. Really tragic that his life was cut short.

My condolences to his family and loved ones.

I'm not going to let the murderer have a piece of my heart - that goes out to his family. Instead, I am going to thank God for the life, family, friends, and opportunities I have, and I'm going to try to lighten up on complaining and bitching about silly, inconsequential stuff. Life is precious, and fragile.

Die slowly, murderer! You took a lot more than one life in that act, and don't deserve yours. I hope karma catches up with you soon.

Yeah, maybe people can create a miniepisode based on screenshots from his unreleased maps. And adding some of his standalone finished maps maybe?

I didn't know him or his mapping work, but Andrew seemed like a driven dude with a lot of things to offer the world.

He clearly had an inspiring kind enthusiasm for music and photography, and from what we were allowed to see, he expressed it beautifully.

There's no dignified way that I know of to respond to the early death of a young man who had much left to do. Rest in peace.

Good Lord, this is such horrible news...I never knew him personally, but I do at least remember his contribution to Doom II: Unleashed in the form of MAP20. Still remember that map to this day...it's an honor to have at least been a part of the same mapping team all those years ago. So sad to hear that he'd gone in such an awful way. :( This is heartbreaking. It's times like these you wish you could have taken the time to know other members better than you do. I hope he truly does rest in peace.

CARRiON said:

I lived there most my life, St Paul is no more dangerous then any other city.

North Minneapolis on the other hand, I've actually been shot at there.

RIP Malinku.

That's pretty dangerous then

Oh God.. reading this made me sad and disturbed, especially when nobody knows why he was murdered.. He surely didn't deserve to pass away too early. Hopefully we'll get as soon as possible futher informations who did this and why.

Rest in peace.

I didn't know Malinku but I'm shocked to hear of a member passing in such circumstances, and echo everyone else's sentiments re: justice.

Sad to hear. A search of his post history brings up this short, poignant post in a thread titled "What will you leave behind?"

Malinku said:

A whole bunch of film negatives and prints.

As well as physical release on my record label.

Quite profound in light of what's happened. You never know when a question like this becomes relevant, I guess.