Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Misty

Problem with slade3(fixed)

Hello,everyone!

I have a problem-everytime when I try load Slade3, I always get message like this:

It started occur some months ago when I checked one megawad(I was very curious how they made that one) and after I closed,this message started to show and slade doesn`t open anymore on my computer account(in other user account this program works perfect.No,I don`t want use other user account for editing if you are going to ask about this).
I leave crash log,I hope this will help solve my problem.

P.s I tried everything-reinstall,unistall,change compatibility with older windows versions,run as administrator and nothing happens.

Pretty sure the errors are related to this:

02:43:26: Error: Failed to copy the file 'C:\Users\anonimas\AppData\Roaming\SLADE3\backups/alt_wad_backup.zip' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SLADE\temp\alt_wad_backup.zip' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)
02:43:26: Error: can't open file 'C:\Users\anonimas\AppData\Roaming\SLADE3\backups/alt_wad_backup.zip' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)
02:43:26: Error: can't open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SLADE\temp\alt_wad_backup.zip' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)

I think you've deleted some file, now Slade is trying to open the deleted file and failing. If you don't mind resetting Slade to its complete defaults, you could try deleting the C:\Users\anonimas\AppData\Roaming\SLADE3 folder.

Albertoni said:

Pretty sure the errors are related to this:

02:43:26: Error: Failed to copy the file 'C:\Users\anonimas\AppData\Roaming\SLADE3\backups/alt_wad_backup.zip' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SLADE\temp\alt_wad_backup.zip' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)
02:43:26: Error: can't open file 'C:\Users\anonimas\AppData\Roaming\SLADE3\backups/alt_wad_backup.zip' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)
02:43:26: Error: can't open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SLADE\temp\alt_wad_backup.zip' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)

I think you've deleted some file, now Slade is trying to open the deleted file and failing. If you don't mind resetting Slade to its complete defaults, you could try deleting the C:\Users\anonimas\AppData\Roaming\SLADE3 folder.

Thank you,it worked. I didn`t think about this way to resolve my problems.