Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
lwks

(WIP) Hellspawn: Hell's Army v1.11 NOW LEGENDOOM COMPATIBLE

Hello guys! This is my first mod (Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy...), you are warned.

This mod makes most of the demons spawn reinforcements (other demons, duhh) when dying (two, more precisely). Here is a simple image of the spawn hierarchy (as of v1.1):

Also, Revenants drop one Rocket and the Maccubus and the Arachnotron drop one Cell, to help handdle the increased number of demons, a really small quantity though the high number of Human Demons should be enough to provide y'all with ammo...just in case...

SCREENIES! (OLD v1.0)

Spoiler

NOT COMPATIBLE with anything that changes vanilla monsters. Should run well with mods that add new monsters.
Want to make it compatible with Smoth Doom and other mods)
YEAH, NO BRUTAL DOOM, DEAL WITH IT BITCH!
(Sorry.)
NOW COMPATIBLE WITH LEGENDOOM, BITCH!

Download Links:
Spoiler

NEW
v1.11 (I wouldn't call this a "new" version, just wanted the LegenDoom compatibility, but whatever)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lf5vhpuaxntrgge/Hellspawn%20v1.11.wad?dl=0

OLD
v1.1 (Now you can play without glitches xD )
https://www.dropbox.com/s/23kcsum05y3lr93/Hellspawn%20v1.1.wad?dl=0

v1.0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zzcqtqrnadkcksq/Hellspawn.wad?dl=0

Changelog:
Spoiler

- RELEASE!

- Added the Mancubus to the hierarchy
- Spawned enemies will notice the player (IF the player can see the monster - Sorry, that's the best that I got)
- When Pinky Demons are spawned there is a 50% chance that it's a Demon or a Spectre
- The Arachnotron now drops ammo "Cell"
- Corrected a "bug" where Arachnotrons spawned Cacodemons (lol)
- Reworked the spawn mechanic - This solved the bug where enemies would spawn inside walls - Thanks to "scifista42" and "Albertoni" on the Doomworld Forum for this one. s2 (Even though I changed the mechanic again to a new one =P )
- Now monsters spawn right on top of the demon of origin
- Monsters spawn at the end of the death animation
- Monsters are not spawned at the same time anymore, now it takes 35 tics (1sec) between the spawns.
- Now demons are pushed away of the spawn point when spawned
- The ZombieMan now has a 10% chance of spawning a Stimpack when dying

1.11 (I wouldn't say a new version but whatever)
- NOW COMPATIBLE WITH LEGENDOOM!!!11!!111!!!!ELEVEN
- ...what? Were you expecting something more? Sorry dude.

PRO TIP
PLAY HELLSPAWN WITH THIS!
It's gonna help...seriously.

Or dis:
LegenDoom
Hearts of Demons - BARON

As for now I'd say I have some interesting stuff on my TODO list, but I have to improve my DECORATE skills to be able to do that, so have fun.
And remember to say what you thought about the mod

This looks cool, nice work! However, there is already an old mod from the Skulltag days called hellspawn, in which the player plays as a one of the monsters and fights against humans, who replace the map's monsters.
hellspawn_v1.13_fixed.pk3

Oh, I already know about that, that's why the mod isn't called just "Hellspawn", thus "Hell's Army". I really liked the name, but I may change it later ofc, for now Hellspawn seems perfect. Also, don't forget to give me some feedback after trying the mod, okay? :)

On 11/10/2016 at 10:32 PM, Empyre said:

This looks cool, nice work! However, there is already an old mod from the Skulltag days called hellspawn, in which the player plays as a one of the monsters and fights against humans, who replace the map's monsters.
hellspawn_v1.13_fixed.pk3

Joined just to say thanks! I've been looking for this mod for a week or two now. Figured it might be worth necrobumping so others might see it and stash it away too. Or better yet, mirror it just in case!

I found Empathy, Brutal Empathy, and a newer version of it which includes 32 diff playable demons as well as a 3rd person mode with demon player sprites to match. In the same vein as Hellspawn: Doom Reversed. Now... I wonder if it might be possible to import the fancy player select screen from Hellspawn: Doom Reversed into Empathy somehow. And what all might be included in this mysterious fixed version. And if it might work with the Brutal Doom Monsters Only mod, akin to Empathy...