Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Andrew Malinku Rehberger Passes Away

With a heavy heart, it comes with great regret to inform that Doomworld member Malinku has passed away. Malinku was a clan mate, map designer, graphic designer, and friend to many. He was found dead in his home in St. Paul on Sunday (Nov 6th 2016) with a severe head injury. More details can be found in the news article and announcement thread found on these forums.

Malinku made several great maps for Doom and participated in community projects such as 32in24, Hadephobia, and ZDCMP2. You can find more wads he participated in here.

Decay has started a speedmapping tribute map for Malinku. I couldn't think of a better way to pay respects than to create maps just as Malinku did for us. This space marine helped contribute to the fun we've been having with this silly old video game for so long just as many of us have. He will join the army of many who have left us from the Doom community to fight off the evil legions of hell in the afterlife. Our hearts go out to you, Andrew.

Memfis said:

I remember him as a nice person and an enthusiastic artist. An inspirational figure.

I wonder how Doomworld would remember me if I died and if I also were to get a special news story about it on the front page.

"In today's news, remember that alcoholic conservative phaggot? He's dead now. In other news..."

hardcore_gamer said:

I wonder how Doomworld would remember me if I died and if I also were to get a special news story about it on the front page.

"In today's news, remember that alcoholic conservative phaggot? He's dead now. In other news..."

"Do you remember hardcore_gamer? Well we don't!"
No offense intended, it was just a joke.