How will id handle a Hell on Earth sequel?

If they do go with a Hell On Earth sequel, they should at least fuckin have Daisy.

 

All jokes aside they prolly will go With Hell On Earth, and they should expand the architectural ideas and make the textures look....less drab because let face it:  Doom 2 city textures look like shit. Id imagine something more cyberpunk-ish/ System shock-ish shit would go perfect with Doom 2.

 

If not, I think a different planet would be cool. Or even a different moon. I dunno something else besides earth. Or even maybe a space station

 

 

i dunno im not very good with ideas for games but just my 2 cents..... 

Share this post


Link to post

As far as story goes I think it would be cool to find out that Argent energy was steeped in suspicion and conspiracy theories on earth while it was being supplied, and after all hell breaks loose everybody on earth is like, "God damn it, we knew something was fucked up with that Argent energy!"

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Percival232 said:

All jokes aside they prolly will go With Hell On Earth, and they should expand the architectural ideas and make the textures look....less drab because let face it:  Doom 2 city textures look like shit. Id imagine something more cyberpunk-ish/ System shock-ish shit would go perfect with Doom 2.

 

If not, I think a different planet would be cool. Or even a different moon. I dunno something else besides earth. Or even maybe a space station

If it's set on an off-world colony, Europa, or some other ice moon would make for an interesting setting - I'm so sick of seeing barren stone in every Id game they've put out since the original Doom 2 (which at least had grass).

 

Besides, the Arctic theme briefly explored in Vega Central Processing was one of my favorite visual themes of Doom 2016 (never seen an ice level in an Id game before - not one actually made by Id), so it'd be great to see that explored further.

 

If set on Earth, starting out on a UAC base on Antarctica would also be really nice, because bloody ice.

Share this post


Link to post

You know, I've thought about how bases on the moon, Titan, Eruopa, etc., or even something Event Horizon-ish such as the upper atmosphere of a gas giant, is something that could change things up nicely. It would be terrific if some of the levels were on Earth, and a few were set on other off-world colonies. Jupiter in particular would be interesting as it's an extraordinarily beautiful planet and its thick clouds would make for a wild backdrop. I think the cities on Earth could have a weird lived-in/rustic look while being cyberpunk-ish. It doesn't need to be clean and shiny. Blade Runner, once again, would be a good place to use an influence. The last Mad Max movie also has a great look that would work.

Edited by GoatLord

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, GoatLord said:

You know, I've thought about how bases on the moon, Titan, Eruopa, etc., or even something Event Horizon-ish such as the upper atmosphere of a gas giant, is something that could change things up nicely.

I agree, a space base on the moon would feel much different from a space base on Mars because while Mars is a rocky wasteland with a red sky the moon is a rocky wasteland with no sky at all which would spice the things up signifficantly. I really like your ideas I can imagine the player being in awe of how varied the game is because at one time he is in a space base where he can see thick clouds through the window and at the other time he is in a space base where he can see a rock. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

I'd love to see more Possessed variants in DOOM 2. Here's some I thought would pop up:

 

- A possessed "light soldier"- basically, serving for a government/company that doesn't have the advanced power armor and .50 cal assault rifles the UAC has. Looks like a regular Possessed mostly (though with two eyes, ears, hands, etc- fairly intact for one), with light armor, patrol cap/helmet, etc. and wields a Burst Rifle. Moves about as fast as the Possessed Soldier but 1/2 the health (or slightly more than a regular Possessed).

 

- A possessed Elite Guard armed with a chaingun. Red armor, fat from eating dead bodies, and arms melded into a Chaingun giving him a strong resemblance to the old Chaingun Guy. Walks slowly but has lots of health and continually shoots as long as you're in sight.

 

- A possessed civilian (maybe even a lumberjack if it's on the Earth levels) armed with a Chainsaw. Runs quickly and goes for big slashes and stabs at close range but beyond that is not very durable.

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Rifle Infantry said:

I'd love to see more Possessed variants in DOOM 2. Here's some I thought would pop up:

 

- A possessed "light soldier"- basically, serving for a government/company that doesn't have the advanced power armor and .50 cal assault rifles the UAC has. Looks like a regular Possessed mostly (though with two eyes, ears, hands, etc- fairly intact for one), with light armor, patrol cap/helmet, etc. and wields a Burst Rifle. Moves about as fast as the Possessed Soldier but 1/2 the health (or slightly more than a regular Possessed).

 

- A possessed Elite Guard armed with a chaingun. Red armor, fat from eating dead bodies, and arms melded into a Chaingun giving him a strong resemblance to the old Chaingun Guy. Walks slowly but has lots of health and continually shoots as long as you're in sight.

 

- A possessed civilian (maybe even a lumberjack if it's on the Earth levels) armed with a Chainsaw. Runs quickly and goes for big slashes and stabs at close range but beyond that is not very durable.

I have a document with ideas for new Possessed.

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, ATP2555 said:

I have a document with ideas for new Possessed.

Care to share? I'd love to see (and possibly contribute) to it.

Share this post


Link to post

ID should be fine with a new Doom game if they stay with the standard Doom 2016 settled. A Doom 2 reboot would be a great opportunity to try out some cool environment designs, like dungeons, snowy forest levels, old creepy abandoned cities. I personally wouldn't mind if they shifted a little bit towards a spookier game, still a fast shooter but with overwhelming environments and darker palletes.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now