Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nullscarab

Range-banned a 3rd time from Doomseeker as well as the Zand. IRC, all out of options

A year or two ago I was IP range banned from doomseeker and I was able to use the zandronum forums to sort out of the issue and get unbanned quickly. Roughly a week ago I was banned again while hosting some private co op games in what I assume was another range ban, seeing as I did not violate any rules; that time, I had to use the IRC chat because I was permabanned from the Zandronum forums. Now, today, I have been banned a third time for another reason I'm not sure of (seeing as the only thing I do in doomseeker is host private co op games), and now I'm banned from the IRC chat for 'ban evading' by 'Shadowfox'. Beyond range bans I have no idea why this would be happening and it's frustrating me greatly, and now I have no options except to post here.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

You cannot be banned from Doomseeker by any means. You can be banned from Zdaemon, Zandro and Odamex, but all Doomseeker does is list those master servers, it is not itself a master server.

Meanwhile, assuming the more direct answer isn't true (that is you could actually be shadowfox and this is a ruse), if the Zandro administration has thrice caught you on someone elses ban and eliminated any means of direct communication, perhaps investigate the other ports instead. At 3 escalated bans most people would just stop bothering.

Edward850 said:

You cannot be banned from Doomseeker by any means. You can be banned from Zdaemon, Zandro and Odamex, but all Doomseeker does is list those master servers, it is not itself a master server.

Meanwhile, assuming the more direct answer isn't true (that is you could actually be shadowfox and this is a ruse), if the Zandro administration has thrice caught you on someone elses ban and eliminated any means of direct communication, perhaps investigate the other ports instead. At 3 escalated bans most people would just stop bothering.

I did not think to change the master server address actually, good point. I'll do that and hopefully won't have numerous problems

I switched my master server address to that of Zdaemon, and I can see and join servers but not host them. Attempting to host them gives me a message saying "You are banned from the master server!"

I cannot seem to find the master server address for Odamex unless I've missed something obvious.

I changed the master server to Odamex and I am having the same problem that I do with Zdaemon; I can see servers but I get the same message when I try to host. I'm only looking to play with a friend so hosting publicly isn't an issue, is it possible to have them directly connect to me somehow?

Why are you even changing the addresses? The plugins come with them set by default. Something tells me you are doing something horribly wrong.

You're not trying to use the Odamex master server with Zandro are you? That's absolutely not how it works.

Edward850 said:

Why are you even changing the addresses? The plugins come with them set by default. Something tells me you are doing something horribly wrong.

You're not trying to use the Odamex master server with Zandro are you? That's absolutely not how it works.

That is what I've been doing. I was under the impression that Doomseeker was only to list servers and it did that through the master server address you set yourself.

What.

Doomseeker supports all 3 master servers because it supports all 3 ports. You are expected to use the port and master server together, otherwise it flat out wont work (nobody using Odamex can join a Zandro server, obviously, so listing it on Odamex would be beyond useless).
Further more, changing it in Doomseeker wont change what master server the port broadcasts too. That's a setting on the port itself.

At this point, I'd say start fresh with Doom Explorer or IDE if you're running windows - Doomseeker is a great program but I've always found (I)DE easier for browsing all 3 ports and perhaps you will too after what I've read here. As Edward said though, the program should come with all 3 master addresses pre set.

I got Odamex and Zdaemon to function correctly and it seems I can host fine but both of them look worse, run at a noticeable lower frame rate, and don't have a lot of the newer options from Zandronum I liked. From what I've now learned, I assume using Zandronum is out of the question and won't be possible.

Doomkid said:

At this point, I'd say start fresh with Doom Explorer or IDE if you're running windows - Doomseeker is a great program but I've always found (I)DE easier for browsing all 3 ports and perhaps you will too after what I've read here.

I switched over to it and I like the interface, but I still can't host using Zandronum (which I suppose was to be expected but I thought I would try it anyways).

Odamex and ZD both lack new/fancy features in Zand such as ogl and 3D floors, but neither should run at a low frame rate. They are set to 35 fps by default but can run at 60+ if you hunt through video options/display options and find where to uncap it. It should only take a second for each one (I would just give you the console command but I forgot it and don't have access to a PC at the moment.) Odamex also supports full color which will likely look better if you're used to ogl mode.

Edward850 said:

What.

Doomseeker supports all 3 master servers because it supports all 3 ports. You are expected to use the port and master server together, otherwise it flat out wont work (nobody using Odamex can join a Zandro server, obviously, so listing it on Odamex would be beyond useless).
Further more, changing it in Doomseeker wont change what master server the port broadcasts too. That's a setting on the port itself.

If he is using the doomseeker that came with zandronum he can only have 1 master server address area as that is not the full version of doomseeker iirc

Decay said:

Are you really range-banned on zandronum? Find out here: http://zandronum.com/banlist

See that guy morpheus posting? That's shadowfox. He's probably the reason you are banned.

I searched for my username and my IP yet didn't see anything.

On a side note, now in Doomseeker I don't see the ban message at the top of the browser but trying to host gives me the "banned from the master server" message. Also, I can't see any servers.

I moved my router to a different place in the house (since the kitchen is currently being redone) which caused my IP to change slightly as well as let me host servers. However I still cannot see any in the server browser.