Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SlGVATR

Sigvatr's Hell Superior

Hi guys,

As a perfectionist, I spent three years working on two maps. It was an exercise in understanding Doom game design. In the end I decided that the original Doom was insufficient to express my game design ideas, so I began programming my own Doom clone in C++. I have been working on it for seven years now and believe that a public alpha will be available in 2020.

If anybody is interested in playing these two maps, I can find them and upload them for you. In the meantime, you can have a gander at the maps in this YouTube video: https://youtu.be/HDEuyM-IZ9I

I invested a great deal of effort and time into understanding the Doom music format and OPL synthesis engine which was used in the initial DOS version of Doom. Tell me what you think of the audio, graphics and map design of this two map wad I spent three years on.

If anybody is interested, I can keep Doomworld up to date with my new Doom game.

Thank you for your time,
- Sigvatr

Are the maps finished? I would like to have a download link to them and screenshots or videos of the doom clone engine.

Shaikoten said:

I wonder if anyone who has read this thread yet remembers Sigvatr and what a shithead he is.

Yeah, but I'd still like to see the maps!

ive taken the maximum legal dose of lexapro a day for over a decade. lexapro is one of the strongest antidepressants available and is usually only prescribed to lifers who had life long major depressive disorder. lexapro literaly makes u not giv a fuk about anything and be fukin ice cold, if u take da maximum legal dose like me u dont give a fuk about anything its like zen buddhist mastery

SlGVATR said:

ive taken the maximum legal dose of lexapro a day for over a decade. lexapro is one of the strongest antidepressants available and is usually only prescribed to lifers who had life long major depressive disorder. lexapro literaly makes u not giv a fuk about anything and be fukin ice cold, if u take da maximum legal dose like me u dont give a fuk about anything its like zen buddhist mastery

And then Zombie was a john?

No fun allowed!

It looks fuckin cool, and with repeat bannings from almost every forum ever, Sig's Hell Superior is like one of those super rare lost Doom episodes that you can only find on a certain shovelware CD and they only marketed like 10 of them before the company went bankrupt and you can only find the few scratched up CD's in a dirty paper sleeve with coffee rings on it at a random yard sale once a decade in different parts of the world.

but yeah no ban evasion is totally important.

Those maps look really cool! Love the theme. Would definitely be keen to hear more about said doom clone you're building but uhh guess there's no chance of that now lol

but yeah no ban evasion is totally important.

Mind telling me why you think he should be exempt from a rule everyone has to follow?

40oz said:

with repeat bannings from almost every forum ever

Only one possible explanation for that...

Spoiler

...a worldwide conspiracy of forum moderators.

I guess he can still post his finished wads through a proxy friend user, as long as that user doesn't act ban-worthy as well (and will take care not to propagate terry-like wads). Unless the moderators have a problem with that as well.

SlGVATR said:

ive taken the maximum legal dose of lexapro a day for over a decade. lexapro is one of the strongest antidepressants available and is usually only prescribed to lifers who had life long major depressive disorder.

Bitch, that's the weakest and safest antidepressant currently available and is prescribed to just about anyone. Get some tricyclics and then we'll talk, you goddamn pussy.

I took Nortriptyline for awhile, it worked good for a bit then then I had severe urges to do.. stuff. When this would happen it was like I was seeing in black in white.

SSRIs aren't weak or strong; different ones work differently on different people, and there are vague differences in overall effectiveness.

Tango said:

Those maps look really cool! Love the theme. Would definitely be keen to hear more about said doom clone you're building but uhh guess there's no chance of that now lol

Only way is if he had started posting his work on ModDB.

j4rio said:

Bitch, that's the weakest and safest antidepressant currently available

A doctor gave me a Lexapro trial a few years ago and it was like dropping Ecstasy. I hated every second of it. If that's the weakest, I can't even fathom the effects of the strongest.

Also Sigvatr lives in Australia, available drugs may be different there.

Megalyth said:

I can't even fathom the effects of the strongest.

This is a fun conversation, high millagrams of seroquel make you lose significant motor control. it's the wildest thing to be like that. its like your whole body is asleep like a leg you sat on for to long, flailing around XD. I really don't like seroquel. its like a nasty, bitter buzz. Geodon, fanapt, those suck ass as well. alot of them gives me a very nasty sedated feeling. Latuda and abilify are good ones that don't do that shit (to me at least).

so does chemical imbalance cause depression, or is chemical imbalance merely the physical manifestation of a negative experience?

in which case, is it an imbalance at all or just an honest reaction?

what are we trying to do here, reverse engineer happiness?

Depression is from chemical imbalance usually, but can be triggered by tramatic events. it's not about reverse engineering happiness, But to lessen depression, ie we're not creating euphorie, but beridding dysphoria as an illness.

Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Drug & Depression Megathread (was: Sigvatr's Hell Superior)