Specific Things in Doom that annoy you

When I'm covering from an archvile, and another unfriendly piece of garbage pushes me just in the millisecond the archie puts his hands together, resulting into a hurtful jump.     

Seriously I'm the last answer? People should complain more... 

Anyway, to add one more thing to my list, it really annoys me when a two-shot goes wrong and not because of me but because of, I'm going to assume it's blockmap bug, because how on hell a point blank shot doesn't push and/or make the tall guy flinch if it wasn't neutered by blockmap. Therefore most times when this happens, I eat the "fourth" rocket, which is actually the first one of a second volley. Perhaps more experienced players can corroborate this to me. 

1 person likes this

Fighting pain elementals without a rocket launcher.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Killer5 said:

Dude, you take masochism to a new level.

Wouldn't a Rocket Launcher make fighting Pain Elementals riskier since their payload can charge up to you and make the rocket explode close to your face?

7 minutes ago, Killer5 said:

Probably you need to without Chaingun, Plasma Rifle, BFG also? ;P

2 hours ago, MetroidJunkie said:

Wouldn't a Rocket Launcher make fighting Pain Elementals riskier since their payload can charge up to you and make the rocket explode close to your face?

You say that like it's a bad thing.

3 people like this

Unforgiving timed lift or door gimmicks which don't have even half a second of 'slack' built into them. Trying thirty times to negotiate four right-angled turns in 3.5 seconds is not my idea of fun....

4 people like this

On 11/22/2017 at 4:39 AM, Rosh Fragger said:

Non escapable lava/nuke pits anyday!

Even worse when it's combined with narrow edges that make falling in easy. -cough-Chasm-cough

(Fun fact, the GBA version of Doom II actually adds a teleporter into that pit so even they realized it was a douchy move)

1 person likes this

On 11/22/2017 at 7:39 AM, MetroidJunkie said:

Actually, at medium range, a RL is the best way to quickly dispose of  PE groups if one knows what he's doing, even better than a BFG (those pesky Lost Souls tend to soak up the tracers). It takes some balls and precision to make it work.

Edited by Maes
1 person likes this

Yeah, if you keep running sideways while firing rockets, or if the PE is far enough that even if he started his attack as soon as you pressed the fire button, the spawned Lost Soul would meet your rocket far enough from you so the splash damage wouldn't hurt you, then RL is good against PEs.

1 person likes this

Liquids. Even if you can't reach it or it's not damage you. I know it's weird.

I usually just spam the Plasma Rifle when I see the Pain Elementals or, if there's not a big crowd, I'll cheese them behind corners since their spawning is a form of attack, they won't do it unless they can see you.

1 hour ago, MetroidJunkie said:

I usually just spam the Plasma Rifle when I see the Pain Elementals or, if there's not a big crowd, I'll cheese them behind corners since their spawning is a form of attack, they won't do it unless they can see you.

That's not cheese, that's tactics. ;-)

I thought cheesing meant bobbing out of corners. XD

The guy in the third Plutonia Experiment demo actually utilizes it (1 minute and 12 seconds in):

Edited by MetroidJunkie
1 person likes this

When I'm tapping a switch (iPod touch) and whatever weapon I'm holding goes off instead.

When a Cyberdemon fires a "fourth" rocket immediately after the third.

1 person likes this

Just had that numerous times in a row. Always happens when I'm streaming, it seems! :P

1 person likes this