Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bloodshot

Tormented Souls - 4 level campaign

Just finished the last two maps of my 4 level campaign. They are all linked together so you don't have to know all the IDs. Took me 40 minutes to complete, and I know all the encounters and I wasn't looking for secrets so it should run you 40-60 depending on how you play.

There's also a secret level entrance, post a screenshot if you manage to find it!

Features custom set pieces, campaign style progression and a ramping difficulty curve. Coop is considered broken until id fixes decals for the next patch.

Part 1:
Quantum Hazard - MQ6NU6PF

Part 2:
Server Maintenance - 4HVWTBG2

Part 3:
Well of the Scorned - LF6RPAFH

Part 4:
The Stygian Cathedral - WJ3VTBEY

Screenshots:

Feedback is welcome, and enjoy!

Wow, all of them were brilliant! I especially loved the cathedral in the last level. Regretfully I cant seem to finish server maintenance. It happend twice now. Ill test once more tomorrow with fresh eyes before asking for directions/reporting a bug.

Thanks again. These maps were awesome!

These were really fun to play, especially Server Maintenance, Your 4th map made me discover a missing feature, Falling from great height doesn't play the Falling animation :) .

redrage said:

Wow, all of them were brilliant! I especially loved the cathedral in the last level. Regretfully I cant seem to finish server maintenance. It happend twice now. Ill test once more tomorrow with fresh eyes before asking for directions/reporting a bug.

Thanks again. These maps were awesome!

When you do can you post what and where it happens? I've retested it several times but I haven't been able to replicate it, but I remember somebody (was it you i think) mentioning a logic error

Oh ..

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Welp, map crashed, It said "error detected in map logic" as i was going back to Blue door, I don't remember exactly where, just thought i should let you know .

After i got the Blue key of course .

I'll take a look at it when i get home tonight.

I made an icon of sin throwback map and linked it to the last map as a "boss" map just for fun, but it's really more of a side thing so I'll post a thread with the ID and probably a vid

@bloodshot

I am sorry for being so late with replying. I could not understand why I was the only one running into the issue so I downloaded your map.

I am blown away by the detail you put into everything. The way you used decals for wall and ceiling lights is ingenious! :) How long does it take you to create and finish a map like server maintenance? I could not believe you hand crafted the map that is shown on one of the wall displays early on.

Anyway, my issue was that I got stuck progressing further after beating the gorenest in the argent labs (blue key area). Turns out the solution was right there; a vent shaft that you gain access to by blowing up the barrel in front of it. :)

Don't change a thing, I love how you blended it in so seamlessly and appearantly I am the only one who got "stuck" on it. ^_^

Recommended all your maps! Thanks again, authors like you make me want to try snapmap for myself again.

it was a blast.
very imbueding.
the server room was the best.
awesome use of decals.
never imagend u can use them in such a great way.

all thats left is some nitpicking:
dindt like the life limit. (personal taste)
on place 2, right behind the possessed security is this module "pits of gehenna".
and fights in this modul with heavy hitters on your heels, incorrect ledgegrab ledges (not ur fault), solid impaled skeletons to get stuck on and limited lifes is...plodding?

other than that
you have my upvotes.

sgt;)

It's funny. I've been playing through the two featured campaigns, "The Core" and "An Unknown Friend", and they're both pretty good but not nearly the same caliber as Bloodshot's "Tormented Souls" campaign. Bloodshot used a lot more custom geometry and just made more interesting, varied levels.

Oh i didn't realize your campaign is on the featured maps page, Great work again, You totally beat the devs maps :p

Just fyi guys I updated the campaign to carry over weapons found in secrets between levels as well as made some other changes with the additions from the new update