Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
baja blast rd.

iw.wad (one -complevel 9 map)

Sweet sexy slaughter-y winter-y goodness!

Kinda funny that I was about to ask you when the next map would come out, but wound up deleting it because I'm not sure I'll be able to play it.

I want to say add a HNTR setting and I'll give it a shot, but that goes against my normal grain of wanting to see HNTR devoted to rockets+PEs. Still, show some love for the setting ^^

I'll die to this map a good few times later on.

Have an FDA if you like, rather lengthy so better grab some snacks and a couple beers if you're to watch it. Died once in the bfg battle.
Cool map as always, with some neat slaughtery scenarios and a bit of an adventurous feel in the overall progression similar to that of Eden. Found 4 secrets and 2 keys. The final battle is fun and has an entertainingly big scale (I love huge caco clouds), and all of the options unlocked by the keys are a nice touch, I didn't use the shortcuts but at the very least that invul surely helped establish the initial foothold against the AV flood. All in all - the adjustable climax is an interesting thing, and is definitely a great motivation booster when it comes to exploring the map more thoroughly, heh.
Not really much more to say, I think it's a good evolution of Eden's approach in a sense that transition between various parts, as well as between mandatory and optional areas, felt more seamless and cohesive this time around, all while being engaging and punchy throughout. Good work!

Nice progression in difficulty as the map went on, felt very open and free without a sense of being lost(except for once but I reached burnout by then after playing several hours before). I'd like to see this with added detailing.

Great fun. Loved it. Leisure walk through the winter landscape... Until that arena with the mancs and chaingunners, and what follows afterwards. :)

Didn't find any keys, but saw a subtle HOM at linedef 8610. I'm the worst Doom explorer.