Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Huder

Slade 3 Bugs :(

Guys do you have strange bugs in slade 3? Like this one:

Im adding new texture to TEXTURE1 lump and im doing this with slade texture edittor, i made couple of textures and suddenly slade decided to save my TEXTURE1 lump as "sound (audioT Adlib FX) and i cann't edit this anymore :(

What i need to do now? Remake everything from scratch? :(

You haven't defined any textures at all. You have a 4 byte TEXTURE1 lump with nothing in it. It might help to start building a texture one based on a base resource archive, rather than from blank.

Because i trying to made from scratch and it worked fine yesterday. But now slade doesn't want me to save this TEXTURES1 lump.
Go watch my wideo.

I cannot reproduce a single issue from your video. I made a texture with the GSPDRC patch, and it saved. (Also remember that your first entry must be a dummy entry in TEXTURE1, like AASTINKY).

If the issue persists, try clearing out your Slade temp folder.

Yes i had dummy texture called BLNK in previous wad when TEXTURE1 got corrupted and changed into sound lump. I haven'y done anything unusual, just adding new textures, pressed save and booom, magic sound lump appeared :/

I don't know why Slade is bugged for me. A week earlier i was working with ZDOOM texture format with TEXTURES lump and while working on wad it got corrupted too in the same way. So i switched to classic TEXTURE1.

Next time i will make backups.
Do you guys know another software like this, which is not discontinued?

It's worth noting that the file type means absolutely nothing about the file contents, and while misidentification can happen, it can be corrected for the purpose of editing (however there needs to be something physical for something to be done about it, you cannot diagnose speculation). Slade3 does not make a habit of corrupting WAD data, to the point that I'm pretty sure no one has made any sort of legit bug report of that happening.
It's pretty much the best lump management tool made thus far, as is pretty much the community standard.

Again, also, clean your temp folder or even clean install the latest Slade (as in nuke the old folder first).

I'm cleared, temp and already redo every textures. Next time i will be doing backups to prevent this again.
Anyway thanks :)

I keep hitting this mostly with doom FLAT conversion (multiple or single it vary)... (very high chance that files get corrupted resulting into that TBAudio format or whatever it is)

The mis-identification of "Doom(flat)" graphics after conversion has been an issue in SLADE3 for a while, but the mis-identified lump actually is a valid "Doom(flat)" graphic - no matter what SLADE3 says it is, it will work as a flat in the game. If you just save the wad, close the wad and open it again, SLADE3 will also identify the lump as a "Doom(flat)" correctly.