Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Avoozl

Trying to remember an old sidescrolling space game [found it!]

There was this sidescroller space game which was featured in a PC Gamer magazine from November 2001 which came with a disc full of game demos, patches, and trailers of other games which also included the said game as a demo.

I used to play it and most of what I can remember it was that there were power ups which looked like spinning and glowing white orbs with a ring-like formation around them which change your powers every time you pick up more, and if you get hit your power resets back to the default power. I also recall one of the bosses being a few giant space worms zigzagging around the screen.

This is all I can remember of it.

Avoozl said:

There was this sidescroller space game which was featured in a PC Gamer magazine from November 2001 which came with a disc full of game demos, patches, and trailers of other games which also included the said game as a demo.

I used to play it and most of what I can remember it was that there were power ups which looked like spinning and glowing white orbs with a ring-like formation around them which change your powers every time you pick up more, and if you get hit your power resets back to the default power. I also recall one of the bosses being a few giant space worms zigzagging around the screen.

This is all I can remember of it.

Alien Soldier?

I finally found out that the game was Intensity XS. I found it by a fluke by looking up a list of 2001 PC games then searched the word space, looked up the name of the first result and easily recognized the screenshots of it.