Is freedoom still being worked on?

It was last updated in 2015 are they still working on it?

Share this post


Link to post

Okay.

One more thing what is freedoom for? zdoom, the original boom or dos?

Share this post


Link to post
MinerOfWorlds said:

Okay.

One more thing what is freedoom for? zdoom, the original boom or dos?

Freedoom needs Boom-compatible ports to run most of its levels properly. But given time, it will be compatible with DOS/vanilla Doom someday,

MinerOfWorlds said:

It was last updated in 2015 are they still working on it?

Yes it is. You can check out the progress at http://freedoom.soulsphere.org

Share this post


Link to post

I tried it today, i liked the change done with the pillars and the medikit pickups the news soundtracks and the bugfixes but i was hoping to see raymoohawk's sprites in action.
I'm really looking forward to see them in the next update.

Share this post


Link to post
Voros said:

Freedoom needs Boom-compatible ports to run most of its levels properly. But given time, it will be compatible with DOS/vanilla Doom someday,


I thought the target was limit removing now?

Share this post


Link to post
SuperSomariDX said:

Unfortunately not. It's still vanilla.


What? i like that it's vanilla i think it's better that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Xindage said:

yes


Hello,

are you really sure that prboom or freedoom is still under dev?

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, Freedoom's still being worked on. I said I'd do another map, so I should hope so. :P

Share this post


Link to post
doom5962 said:

are you really sure that prboom or freedoom is still under dev?


Freedoom: Yes, things are just moving slowly.
Prboom: AFAIK no, but there is a fork called Prboom-Plus that should be alive.

Share this post


Link to post

what's the largest difference between prboom and prboom-plus?
in few words..


while installing prboom on linux, there is installed 60mb, with freedoom and prboom, and prboom-plus... kinda complicated to understand.



I game with mates with map 10:


25e1459ca71d321525f84628f45ca8cd /home/user/games/prboom/doom2.wad
94f74eb9d99afd569d37169be0bed14f /home/user/games/prboom/freedoom2.wad

FOREST GAME
===========

Server
------
Forest server:
prboom-game-server -n -N 4 -l 10

Client
------
Forest client:
prboom -warp 10 -nomonsters -iwad /home/user/games/prboom/freedoom2.wad -net 10.0.0.8

Share this post


Link to post
doom5962 said:

what's the largest difference between prboom and prboom-plus?
in few words..


prboom stable 2008-11-09

prboom-plus 2.5.1.4 @ 2016-Jan-10

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now