Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JohnnyTheWolf

Worth Buying Now?

Edward850 said:

If you already have your mind concluded, why are you even here? Don't ask a question and then give yourself an answer, that's wasting everyones time!

Also with everything you just described, I'm not even sure how you like Doom as a series.

YES!. It's annoying when someone ask a question and he already has the answer for it....

Hofmann said:

It's cracked.

I thought they couldn't crack the latest version yet (which btw updated the denuvo version the game uses) .
EDIT : Oh, seems like they didn't .

Looks like Bundlestars has it for $17 or so. I'm not sure if that's with the 11% discount on top of the price.

Save the 20 quid, and buy something else that's more up your alley. Simple as that. Your patronage won't make Bethesda any richer, and your abstination won't make them any poorer, so there's not even an arbitrary moral obligation to support the game.

dsm said:

It'd be like forcing me to like Quake 1 back in 1996 (when I absolutely detested the music and overall theme of that game, not to mention the low-poly models which I found butt-ugly in a very bad way) - and I tried to like that game. Even put in music CDs that I enjoyed, with the result of the atmosphere feeling "wrong".

In Quake 1's defense, we now have EpiQuake.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/epiquake

If there is a similar alternative for Doom 2016, I would be all ear.

If you detest the design of the monsters, you'd be assailed at every moment by how ugly you're finding them and that would ruin the fun.

I do not detest them: I just find most of them rather uninspired.

The only monster I really do not like is the Demon, which goofy design just looks silly and out of place in Doom 2016's realistic environments.

If you hate techbases and medieval-esque Hellscapes, you'll hate your time with this game.

I do not hate them, I am just not impressed by them. Techbases and medieval hellscapes were fine in the original Doom and its expansions given the technological limitations of the time, but you would think id Software could do better now, especially after RAGE.

As for the story of Hell invading Mars, well, better prepare to never play a new Doom game ever again

Doom II: Hell on Earth, TNT Evilution, The Plutonia Experiment and even the scrapped Doom 4 did not take place on Mars.

We already had a modern retelling of the original Doom with Doom 3, so I feel like Doom 2016 is a missed opportunity to take the story elsewhere.

If you already have your mind concluded, why are you even here?

Because if you had taken the time to read the OP, you would know my question was neither "Should I like Doom 2016?" nor "Am I right to dislike those things about the game?", but rather "Should I buy it now or wait for a possible definitive version that would include additional single-player content, a la Dishonored?".

Do not ask a question and then give yourself an answer, that is wasting my time... ;)

If there is additional single-player content to come, it'll probably be in the form of a standalone expansion in the vein of Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.

TAPETRVE said:

If there is additional single-player content to come, it'll probably be in the form of a standalone expansion in the vein of Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.

So did id confirm that all the DLCs planned for Doom 2016 are going to be multiplayer only?

JohnnyTheWolf said:

Because if you had taken the time to read the OP, you would know my question was neither "Should I like Doom 2016?" nor "Am I right to dislike those things about the game?", but rather "Should I buy it now or wait for a possible definitive version that would include additional single-player content, a la Dishonored?".

But you clearly stated that you don't like a majority of the game already. A "definitive edition" isn't going to magically solve any of your ham-fisted complaints. And then why even make the complaints if they apparently don't affect if you want to buy it or not?

At this point I can't decide if this is some really subtle trolling or you're just really indecisive.

Edward850 said:

A "definitive edition" isn't going to magically solve any of your complaints.

... I know. That is why it is not even the point of this thread in the first place.

Edward850 said:

And then why even make the complaints if they apparently don't affect if you want to buy it or not?

Because someone asked me what my issues were with the game?

Edward850 said:

But you clearly stated that you don't like a majority of the game already.

At this point I cannot decide if you are being spiteful or you are just really bad at reading my posts. If you cannot bring yourself to answer my actual questions, I am going to ask you to please refrain from posting on this thread.

We did answer your questions. We spent most of this thread answering your questions. The first response to this thread was the exactly answering your exact question, then you immediately derailed it.

Honestly, just buy the game already. Because it's the most technologically advanced game of 2016 with a lot of heart and soul put into it. Because it's basically shoot-mans incarnate like the versions before it. Because it's the good kind of pandering that gets all the bamboo and has sex every once in awhile.
Besdies which, every post you have made in the Doom4 forum has been about you detracting either from the experience you never played, or some alleged presentation that flys in the face of nearly every other opinion here. If you bought it, your posts about it after you actually played it might actually fit vastly better.

Edward850 said:

We did answer your questions. We spent most of this thread answering your questions. The first response to this thread was the exactly answering your exact question, then you immediately derailed it.

I shall go with you being just spiteful, then, as you would rather "waste your time" deliberately misinterpretating my posts, ranting about the fact that I do not share your reverence of Doom 2016 and - ironically enough - accusing me of "wasting your time".

Again, this was my original post:

So because I enjoy the gameplay of the Doom 4 for Doom mod, I am willing to give its inspiration a shot and look past the many issues I have with the game's presentation, especially now that I have been gifted a Steam card and Doom 2016 has a 67% discount as part of the Steam's Autumn Sale.

However, I have to wonder if I should rather wait for a proper definitive edition. I do not care about multiplayer at all, but from what I heard, there is a possibility id may release additional single-player content in the near future.

What do you think?

Again, I am not asking if the game is good nor if I am right to feel the way I feel. I did not think this was a complicated question to answer, but apparently it is.

The closest thing to a satisfactory answer so far has been from TAPETRVE, but they have yet to answer my follow-up question.

Again, if you do not know the answer to my question or you are simply unable to respond without patronising me, I suggest you refrain from posting on this thread.

I decided to buy it. Installed from Steam, crashes on startup.

Worst Black Friday Shopping Ever.

I sent error log and DxDiag to Bethseda customer service. Are they actually able to do something?

Not really. DMGUYDZ64 doesn't know what he's talking about. Customer service reps are usually pretty good in responding if they can, that's what their job is after all. (How long that'll take is a different question.)
As a matter of interest, what does the crashlog say? It could already be telling you the answer, like if your GPU doesn't have the necessary extensions and needs upgrading. I suppose saying what your system specs are would also identify that.

Good thing you bought it on Steam. Just get a refund within 2 weeks or 2 hours of playing.

Edward850 said:

DMGUYDZ64 doesn't know what he's talking about.

I've been posting on their boards for nearly 2 weeks now, Reporting bugs i find, suggestions and even asking for solutions for multiplayer issues and haven't got a single respond, so I doubt they care .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I've been posting on their boards for nearly 2 weeks now, Reporting bugs i find, suggestions and even asking for solutions for multiplayer issues and haven't got a single respond, so I doubt they care .

That's not customer service emails, now is it? I've never not received responses to such emails.

Edward850 said:

That's not customer service emails, now is it? I've never not received responses to such emails.

I've sent like 3 e-mails last time and haven't got a respond there either, Checked my inbox and nothing sent by bethesda rather than notifications about other stuff .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I've sent like 3 e-mails last time and haven't got a respond there either, Checked my inbox and nothing sent by bethesda rather than notifications about other stuff .

They replied to my E-mails, but anyway we don't know why Angry Saint game is not working....

Hell he may be trying to play the game on a Geforce 8800 for all we know. Blaming the software for Hardware that doesn´t met the Min specs is the norm these days....

-HEY FALLOUT 4 SUCKS IT WON´T RUN!!!!!
-What are your specs?
-Well a Pentium 4 HT 1gb Ram and Win XP!!! But my PC IS OK THE GAME SUCKS!!!

Edward850 said:

Not really. DMGUYDZ64 doesn't know what he's talking about. Customer service reps are usually pretty good in responding if they can, that's what their job is after all. (How long that'll take is a different question.)
As a matter of interest, what does the crashlog say? It could already be telling you the answer, like if your GPU doesn't have the necessary extensions and needs upgrading. I suppose saying what your system specs are would also identify that.

Problem solved, and thanks to their customer care.

The problem was I have two GPU, the GTX1060 and... an other one. the pc was using the other one. Changed settings, now I can play DOOM.