Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrimCuttle

GZDoom Builder: Custom Things Problems!

I now have fog.
Now I have new problems. The fog, when spawned, sticks to the cieling. How do I prevent this? Here's the wad file, including the fog I'm using and a couple other custom Things (Which I will touch on later): http://www.mediafire.com/file/sm8kovd2pq2khx9/hell.wad

Now, a second problem: My other Things will not show up at all in the Thing spawn menu. What's wrong? Their actor numbers are unused (15000 to 15004) and I don't understand. Does my format do this?

~~EDIT~~
Here's a screenshot:

~~EDIT #2~~
I added a custom Thing WAD as a resource and it worked perfectly, what's happening?

I'm having a problem with custom things appearing as unknown and not available in the things menu in GZDoom Builder as well, only since a recent update. You said you fixed this with a "custom Thing WAD" resource but I'm not sure what you mean, could you explain?

Cosmic Grain said:

I'm having a problem with custom things appearing as unknown and not available in the things menu in GZDoom Builder as well, only since a recent update. You said you fixed this with a "custom Thing WAD" resource but I'm not sure what you mean, could you explain?

All the custom Things I got are presented as a .WAD file with all the Thing information within it. I copy this info into my level WAD, and normally it puts the Things into there

I was quite annoyed at this bug as well. Whenever I added a custom monster/weapon/thing of any sort to my WAD, and then opened it with GZDoom builder, it would never show up in the things menu. I tried duplicating the WAD and changing the map format to ZDoom, and that seemed to do the trick. However, that limited the range of effects and such I could use as opposed to GZDoom (Doom in UDMF/Hexen Format).

Okayyy, after some time attempting to fix the wad, I gave up and went to sleep.
The next day, opened GZDoom Builder and opened the wad, and all the Things were there.

i am no understand

~~~EDIT~~~
Although, it would be nice if someone figured out what was wrong with my fog clouds.