Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dean[TIK]

hi all

wassup
sorry i ain't been on for ages, been very busy doin......stuff,anyway, don't you think there is hardly ever any coop servers on ide? i like to play a coop more then a deathmatch,who thinks a coop is better then a deathmatch?

mmmm co op, Doom marines building up muscles, oiling up for battle then walking round a level holding hands nah , not for me thanks duckie.

a coop is more fun (somtimes) but it does get boring after a while, a deathmatch is funny, cos i like to "camp" and shoot people and get on their nerves...then they get the bfg and blow my f*ckin guts out. but still thats funny,but a coop is more fun cos once i was playing a coop and me and some1 else(can't remember his/her name) and we both were stuck in a area with loads of imps, and i noticed a way out,(a lift) i ran to it, and so did the other person, and then i noticed the lift could only carry 1 person at a time! so i shot him in the head, then he fell out of the lift! hehe! so i ran in, shot him again, and the shot pushed him back into the imps(ff was on). i couldn't stop laughin!

It really depends on the level you are playing, I would have to say my current favourite level in cooperative mode is Odyssey of Noises for Final Doom : The Plutonia Experiment because I love to run around that huge city...

But deathmatch is more fun most of the time, especially when I'm playing Odyssey of Noises...

"The proof is in the pudding" so to speak. Every time I put up some zdaemon servers and include one coop server, that coop server attracts players like flies on a dead rat, er, bees buzzing around a flower! It's consistently my most-popular server, probably because coop servers are rare.

Yeah, but I still think team play would be better in dm or co-op mode. I especially like death-tag games, but unfortunately I never seem to be online while you're running team play servers, Biffy.

Cooperative play is cool but it's hard to malke it truly entertaining in public servers where players come and go freely. I wrote this thread about setting up a more or less playable server a while back at the zdaemon forums: http://zdaemon.doom2.org/viewtopic.php?t=103

myk said:

Cooperative play is cool but it's hard to malke it truly entertaining in public servers where players come and go freely. I wrote this thread about setting up a more or less playable server a while back at the zdaemon forums: http://zdaemon.doom2.org/viewtopic.php?t=103

Yeah, it's nearly-completely impossible for me to host a HR or AV cooperative server online, there're way too many sprites contained in the maps. Cooperative play is fun, though it gets boring awhile after. Teamplay is great, as good as regular deathmatches, when both teams are actually balanced that not outnumbered in either one and the more competitive both teams are, the more fun it can be.