Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AD_79

a few maps for Plutonia (5 maps)

Hi all. Here's a few maps for the Plutonia Experiment, tested in PRBoom+ -complevel 4. Skill settings exist, though UV shouldn't be too much to handle. I hope you have fun with it :)

XGx28IX.png

Download

Edited by AD_79

That's a nice surprise, it's never enough of those if you ask me. I also recorded a bunch of FDAs, no deaths but I played cautiously and cowardly.

A bunch of issues I noticed:
- m01: revenant and chaingunner in keys area are stuck in each other;
- m02: 2 monsters never showed up;
- also I have to say that making the same liquid both damaging and non-damaging in different areas of the same map is a rather bad move that adds unneeded inconsistency at the very least (looking at you m01, that hurts).

Still, it was cool and fun, so thanks!
And happy birthday I guess.

Fdas! And happy birthday!
Playing with hangover wasn't a good idea but I was able to finish most of the maps. MAP04 is my favourite, it's a really cool little episode. Were these maps made originally for FDTWiD?

This is some good stuff right here! The first few levels perfectly capture the feel of the original plutonia levels, although you kind of went your own direction for the later levels. Aside from that, Happy Birthday!

Making maps for other people on your own birthday?! MADNESS

...They're pretty good, as usual for AD stuff. Have two FDA vids (instead of lmp.s because I'm a weenie) if you like seeing Doomguy walk into walls and rockets and such, will definitely play the other three later. Happy Birthday!

Spoiler

forget to mention, I'm using Smooth Doom in these.

Just finished every level with UV-PS. Those are nice, compact levels with Plutonia concept, I can tell. That being said, some combats are really harsh with the combination of hitscanners, revenants, and arch-viles. But I'm not going to complain about monster placement since these levels follow the combat equation from Plutonia very well. Then again, there are couple of things I really want to say:

- Lack of inconsistency of damaging floor in MAP01 was a little bit annoying. I suggest you to replace non-hazardous green slime to brown one.

- In MAP05, thing 127 is flagged as deaf. Because of this, it won't enter the teleporter after you pass the target linedef; Linedef #813.

Anyway, good job in making Plutonia style levels. I hope you enjoyed your birthday.

gaspe said:

Were these maps made originally for FDTWiD?

I made (or at least attempted to make) a couple maps for FDTWiD, realized that I'm really bad at the "authenticity" part, then basically started doing my own thing with the concept. Hopefully that explains the Crucible ripoff, Marcaek : v )

Thanks for the comments and bug reports, guys!

Happy Birthday AD. More like happy birthday to the rest of us getting 5 plutonia style maps, fuck ya!

Thanks for the maps and a happy belated birthday to you! I enjoyed map03 a lot.

MAP04 and MAP05 seem to lack multiplayer starts. The previous maps do have them.

In cooperative a player can get permanently stuck in the start area of MAP04 after the doors get blocked. (Something to do with the blue key? Can't remember exactly what but I was around there when it happened).

These are quality Plutonia like levels both visually and in gameplay. Can we get this uploaded to idgames so it's easier to find? Maybe in time for the next birthday? ;)

Edited by SP_FACE1 : typo