Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Edward850

Splitscreen branch (3.42.03a(h2))

Not sure if this issue also applies to normal Eternity, but the D-Pad of the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller seems inaccessible for some reason, meaning the four D-Pad buttons don't appear with the "test gamepad" feature.

On a similar note, I'm trying to create a "SDL Profile" that matches the control scheme of the Xbox 360 version of Classic Doom as shown here:

Here's what it looks like so far:

bind joy1 use
bind joy2 weaponup
bind joy3 map_toggle
bind joy4 weapondown
bind joy5 
bind joy6 
bind joy7
bind joy8 menu_toggle
bind joy9 weapondown
bind joy10 weaponup
bind joy11 use
bind joy12 flip
bind joy13 jump
bind joy14 map_toggle
bind axis3 speed
bind axis3 attack

g_axisaction1 strafe
g_axisaction2 move
g_axisaction5 turn

I have three problems with this. First, how do I reverse the axis (for move). Second, how can I specify whether an axis is pressed positive or negative, as for whatever reason the triggers on the controller are read as one axis? Third, and least importantly, which D-Pad button corresponds exactly to each weapon when it comes to "quick weapon switch"?

Edited by Danfun64

Your question has nothing to do with this branch. Ask it in a different thread so it doesn't get lost.

On 11/27/2016 at 6:53 PM, Edward850 said:

9f5be76ebd.png

d74dce3d5e.png

What happened in screenshot 2: Player1:I got killed by a cyberdemon! Player2:I got killed by a mancubus, but it got killed by you Edward. Player4:Me too. Player1:What did you get killed by Player3? Player3:I got killed by the wall. Player1:Okay? Thats odd....

So... when do you plan on doing more work on this? Besides the s_sound.cpp issue, there is the case of Eternity switching to SDL2. It honestly would be a shame if this wasn't updated...

edit: On a lighter note, how do I enable split screen and set dmflags through command line arguments?

Edited by Danfun64

Sorry, I've been quite busy lately. I'll look at it when I get a pocket of free time

-dmflags will override the dmflags value, will require you to know the number in advance. Splitscreen can't be explicitly set from the command line.

9 minutes ago, querschnitt said:

how can i deactivate friendly fire in coop?

You cannot at this time, unfortunately. Full vanilla rules apply to multiplayer.

too bad :( but thanks for the quick answer. 

Is there a way to disable multiplayer weapons though? It's kind of annoying that all weapons are laying around in level 1 already in doom 2. I never played doom multiplayer, so unfortunately I don't know anything about the vanilla rules

2 hours ago, querschnitt said:

too bad :( but thanks for the quick answer. 

Is there a way to disable multiplayer weapons though? It's kind of annoying that all weapons are laying around in level 1 already in doom 2. I never played doom multiplayer, so unfortunately I don't know anything about the vanilla rules

That would also be a no.

When's the next update going to be? I'm sure you're a busy man, but as you're about four months away from there being no update for a whole year, I'm kind of concerned about the health of this project.

Edited by Danfun64

I'm not Edward, but i know for a fact he's working currently. Additionally 4.0.0 happened, which will probably be a particularly difficult update for this project due to migration from SDL1.2 to SDL2.

I know it's almost a year old thread, but I just now discovered this branch and needed to show support. Thank you, it's the best option for splitscreen Doom right now, i hope development can continue in the future, adding things like individual player profiles (for name, skin) and the like.
Also, I noticed splitscreen starts at map01 even when you change startlevel to another map.

IIRC when you load BananaSplit, don't have a savegame handy and want to start somewhere other than the first level of the game/episode, first you open the console and type "endgame", then you type "map map??" or "map E?M?" Probably missing some steps.

17 hours ago, Danfun64 said:

IIRC when you load BananaSplit, don't have a savegame handy and want to start somewhere other than the first level of the game/episode, first you open the console and type "endgame", then you type "map map??" or "map E?M?" Probably missing some steps.

Yeah, typing "map mapname" in the console does it. Thank you!

I wanted to thank you Edward850 for this build! Me and my friends are having a lot of fun with it!

Also, I have a question because when playing coop players can respawn as much as they like. That kind of takes the challenge out of the whole thing. It seems that Eternity does not give any easy options to disable player respawn in coop. I am looking into ACS and thing type flags to come up with a solution and both seem like they will take some effort to understand for a noob. If I can get any pointers into a good solution for this situation or advise as to which solution would be easiest to figure out that would be highly appreciated!

Great work! and doable for a non techie like me :) 

It would be perfect if I could 

1. use Brutaldoom mod

2. use cheatcodes during multiplayer splitscreen

But this might even be possible already but I don't know how :) 

10 hours ago, DutchDoomlover said:

1. use Brutaldoom mod

This is Eternity, not GZDoom. We have less than zero interest in such a mod. 

@edwart Allright! No biggie

Thanks for this great possibility. will spend some time with friends playing the splitscreen with 4 gamepads.

On 6/27/2020 at 10:44 PM, Edward850 said:

This is Eternity, not GZDoom. We have less than zero interest in such a mod. 

Let me disagree to the "less than zero" interest. Brutal Doom helped make classic Doom more visible to people outside the community (saw a guy have Zandronum installed on his desktop just because he enjoyed Brutal Doom) and I think was also a driver for Doom 2016's development. Having support for over-the-top gameplay mods isn't quite worthless. The only reason we may not support Brutal Doom in the near future is that I believe it's filled to the brim with GZDoom features, and many of them may be out of scope to replicate into Eternity.

I mean I'm fine with gameplay mods but I've certainly less than zero ineterest in such a mod as Brutal Doom, without going into specifics (because that'd derail the thread).

Just stumbled upon this. Is it possible to make the splitscreen vertical instead of horizontal?

Thanks for this project. :)