Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

quick thanks

i have to say thanks to the mods out there, thanks you so much. i am now unbanned and i plan to keep it that way too. so i will post in the RIGHT fourm sections and i will no longer post any humorous nonsences that will end up in post hell. once agian i thanks the mods for letting me back in.

crap sorry about that, had a doom question too. and a comment, just forgot, i am sick right now. Anyway i ran across a few copies of the original doom(before ultimate doom) and i bought them, i also bought another copy of the depths of doom trilogy. anyways i was thinking of putting them up on ebay or giving them away as part of a contest, personaly i like the second idea. I am now asking if any of you would be interested in such prises, if not more for me, also tell me what type of contest i should hold, make it a good idea.

RailGunner said:

The Doom Collectors edition is $20.
Also, note that Doom is nearly ten years old.

What does that have to do with anything?

Only that after all these years, Doom is still just as popular as ever, maybe more so.

Ichor said:

Only that after all these years, Doom is still just as popular as ever, maybe more so.

Unlikely.

If the Internet was as big then as it is now then I'm pretty sure there'd be as many Doom sites and as much activity as there are Quake/UT sites now.

Sephiroth said:

crap sorry about that, had a doom question too. and a comment, just forgot, i am sick right now. Anyway i ran across a few copies of the original doom(before ultimate doom) and i bought them, i also bought another copy of the depths of doom trilogy. anyways i was thinking of putting them up on ebay or giving them away as part of a contest, personaly i like the second idea. I am now asking if any of you would be interested in such prises, if not more for me, also tell me what type of contest i should hold, make it a good idea.

The problem with a contest would be that mostly everyone already has the original Doom or the components of the Depths of Doom.

Heh, when doom was released the ftp server hosting the shareware release was killed by the floods of people trying to access it.