Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazyDoomguy

CrazyDoomguy Demo Thread

That is my official demo thread and here I will publish my walktroughs. Besides I upload videos in my Youtube chanel too. (yaqxsw was my old username)

I play most time only hard WADs because I like interesting challenge and many crazy actions If you like my run, you can send me or writte here a WAD recomendation and I can make a walkthrough (If I want) :P

Here is list of my Youtube Playlist:

Doom II Chillax (all players)

Doom II Dimensions

Doom II gggmork WADs
Doom II Tarakannik

+++ Level 1 +++

UV-MAX 7:25

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

To get Feckyoo WAD: http://doomedsda.us/wad1345.html

Crazy infighting scenarios and low/no ammo. Many archivles, madness and I like this :)

feckyoo_1.zip

Edited by CrazyDoomguy

What about using this thread instead of creating a thread for every single .wad you speedrun? Or create something like yaqxsw's demos thread.

38_ViTa_38 said:

What about using this thread instead of creating a thread for every single .wad you speedrun? Or create something like yaqxsw's demos thread.

Ok I did it :) Now that is official my thread

+++ Level 1 +++

UV-MAX 12:19

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

Slaughterfest map. Author gggmork said, this map is frustratingly hard and he havent beat this. Many said, is unplayable :)

Pockets.wad by gggmork.
This wad seems was forgott on long time (Forum): https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/48233-hard-gameplay-only-map-pockets/
Download wad: http://timeofdeath.wrvids.com/doom/gggmork-pockets.zip

ClumsyDoomer said:

Again?.. What about just doing something worthwhile and notable?

Which wad is it? You can recomendate me :)

pockets_1.zip

Fun watch. I was curious about how that would be approached in TAS. It's good that you are doing more interesting wads, lately.

You should name your demo files something more informative than demo1.lmp. Also, since this is TAS, why are you missing so many rockets? That comes off as very lazy.

If you're doing TAS, try to optimize the time as much as possible. Make use of slowmotion, xdre tools (if necessary)...they make your TAS demo more perfect.

Yousuf Anik said:

If you're doing TAS, try to optimize the time as much as possible. Make use of slowmotion, xdre tools (if necessary)...they make your TAS demo more perfect.

optimize time, how? What make xdre tools? I heard, this make straferun perfect. But how can I add this (I dont want optimize)?

For me is hard learn something new...

rdwpa said:

Fun watch. I was curious about how that would be approached in TAS. It's good that you are doing more interesting wads, lately.

You should name your demo files something more informative than demo1.lmp. Also, since this is TAS, why are you missing so many rockets? That comes off as very lazy.

Ok, I try call demo more informativ like on DSDA. Missing rockets because I dont use aimbot and cacos move suddenly down, up or flew fast away :)

yaqxsw said:

What make xdre tools? I heard, this make straferun perfect.

I have an unfinished XDRE tutorial (in Markdown, recommend using this):

Spoiler

# XDRE 2.19 tutorial

## What is -complevel, tic etc.?

Doom has quite many source ports, some of them have their own demo format. You can read more in PrBoom+ usage.txt,
get it [here](https://svn.prboom.org/repos/branches/prboom-plus-24/prboom2/doc/prboom-plus-usage.txt).
Basically, you only need to use -complevel 2, 3 or 4 for vanilla/doom2-plus,
-complevel 9 for Boom maps and -complevel 11 for MBF maps. [-complevel 9 and 2 comprasion](https://www.doomworld.com/vb/source-ports/57397-/).  
Doom runs at 35 frames per second, a tic is one game state update. [More](http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Tic)

## What is XDRE? Why 2?

XDRE is a Doom .lmp editor by xepop. XDRE 1.20 and 1.21 exist, but they're obsolete, because they support only vanilla demos.  
Grab newer, updated version by me (38\_ViTa\_38) here: <https://vita38.updog.co/xdre/>.

## I've successfully launched XDRE and I see 10 WT tics, what now?

Let's take a look at the default config, in MSW xdre.ini is in `%APPDATA%` (that's C:\Users\\*yourusername*\AppData\Roaming\ by default) folder. 
(you can edit it, of course)

Weapon=g
    BackwardDemo=,
    TurnStepLeft=-
    CopyTic=c
    TurnRight=rt
    Use=u
    UnsetSavepoint=pss
    NextTic=i
    ForwardDemo=.
    ToggleBlood=z
    StrafeLeft=sa
    DeleteTic=x
    Load=load
    RunBwd=wq
    TurnStepRight=+
    Exit=exit
    PrevTic=j
    RunFwd=we
    StrafeRight=sd
    ChangePlayer=v
    Save=save
    NewTic=n
    SetSavepoint=ssp
    Fire=f
    TurnLeft=re

Some commands require a number, then pressing space. (like we50) These commands are `Weapon`, `BackwardDemo`, `TurnRight`, `ForwardDemo`, `StrafeLeft`, 
`RunBwd`, `RunFwd`, `StrafeRight` and `TurnLeft`, although `ChangePlayer` works without pressing space. 
(2.19) New commands are `CopyTicX` (tc<num>), `DeleteTicX` (tx<num>), `TransposeLeft` (tr<0—2>), `TransposeRight` (ty<0—2>) and `TurnStep` (ts<num>).

### Do commands have limits?

Yes, some of them do. You can use 0—127\* (**but only 0—50 if you want a non-turbo run!**) for `StrafeLeft` and `StrafeRight`, `RunBwd` and RunFwd, 
0—128\* for `TurnRight` and `TurnLeft`, 1—8 for `Weapon` (8 is chainsaw/fist) and 1-4 for `ChangePlayer` (XDRE ignores other numbers).

\* — You can't get TR129/65537 or MF129 tic, for example.

## What is (Un)SetSavepoint?

This command allows to set/unset a savepoint, useful for long demos. In old versions they sometimes cause desyncs and even crashes.

## About UI

### What is mom(entum)?

It is 90.625% of your actual speed, it is 100% of it when you are in midair.

### Why does player have different angle types and what is "Direction moved" field?

(new from 2.17) Because shorttics (high turn bytes only) has 256 angles, longtics (two bytes) has 65536 angles, 
but only fine angles (0—8191) matter. Angle 0 is east, angles increase anti-clockwise. Direction moved uses degrees.

### What is Linedef <number> hit special false? (2.17) What is Sector <number>?

You can check whether you've triggered a **walkover** linedef or not. v1 is vertex 1, v2 is vertex 2.
For example, you can check whether you've triggered linedef 242 on doom2.wad 1.9 MAP01 (it opens the rocket launcher secret).

### What does User/Start/Auto selection box do?

It's related to savepoints. From `README`:
>User: You manage everything yourself.  
>Start: Saves on map start automatically, should be safe to use. You can also make your own savepoints. Recommended.  
>Auto: Saves automatically every now and then.

## Demo editing

(new from 2.19) You can edit header easily now, it's in "Demo" menu.

+++ Level 31 +++

UV-MAX 13:53

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

On this map you see a river of demons, sky of cacos and land of hell knights! Follow my movement and you can save some time.

This level looks similar level 3, but it much harder. Level 3 have 1863 Monsters, on level 31 - 2804 monsters

toilet of the gods_31.zip

Chillax

+++ Level 10 +++

UV-MAX 14:58

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

My first time upload and pass Chillax.WAD. Challenge map and something I have a lot unluck with cybers... Besides I think, everyone can pass this map with save and load :)

chillax10.zip

+++ Level 11 +++

UV-SPEED 5:21

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

I hate this map because too long beat this with UV-MAX. The cacos appears endless and I need kill them with fist because of tight ammo. Save some ammos is hard! Also dont play on UV-MAX. I hate these maps with "tight ammo" style !

chillax_11.zip

+++ Level 12 +++

UV-MAX 35:06

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

First time played longplay on TAS. This map is hard as f*ck. I wanted pass this map fast as I cant, but lost many times because of archviles. There are a lot monsters and there exist a trap (after take blue key), where hiden 100 archviles... watch how sorvive :)

Ammos are enought, but I used health points ineptly... should be economy.

chillax_12.zip

CrazyDoomguy said:

Chillax: UV-MAX 11:04

I think this demo needs the "-music" parameter when launching, otherwise you get an error: "S_ChangeMusic: Bad music number 70".

The TAS team is making good progress with chillax. The status seems to be:

-------------  -----------------------
non uvmax's    maps
none           15,23,40-41,43-44,46-47
speed only     11,21,25
-skill 1 only  05,28
-fast only     31

tmorrow said:

I think this demo needs the "-music" parameter when launching, otherwise you get an error: "S_ChangeMusic: Bad music number 70".

That is problem on TAS because this program dont support MAPINFO. That because you cant hear any music over 32 level.

tmorrow said:

The TAS team is making good progress with chillax. The status seems to be:

non uvmax's    maps
speed only     11,21,25
-skill 1 only  05,28
-fast only     31

You need know, that some map are impossible to beat on UV-MAX because of tight ammo.

Map 15,23,25 have problem with open door because of wrong linedef "S1 open door fast", besides hanging decorate block monsters and I cant run trought them. Map 23 and 25 can be nearbly impossible to beat, because of narrow floor, a lot monsters and tight ammos...

Map 11 is on UV-SPEED because of tight ammos and it hard to get UV-MAX. The reason you can read on this thread (map 11)

Map 5 and 28 is impossible to get UV-MAX because of tight ammos.

UV-FAST is like UV-MAX. Dont confound UV-FAST with UV-SPEED. Also map 31 is finished.

Ultra-Violence Max - 100% Kills and Secrets, exiting with all monsters dead(except Lost Souls).

UV Fast - 100% Kills and Secrets with -fast parameter, exiting with all monsters dead(except Lost Souls).

Thanks for the detailed explanation of the problems preventing uvmax'es on the outstanding maps. Much appreciated. Good luck trying to complete any of the remaining ones.

CrazyDoomguy said:

You need know, that some map are impossible to beat on UV-MAX because of tight ammo.

Every map is possible to beat on UV-MAX, just it will take a little more time.
If you can't beat it - it doesn't mean that it can't be beaten.

tmorrow said:

non uvmax's    maps
speed only     11,21,25
-skill 1 only  05,28
-fast only     31

Map21 speed only? Seems like you should check out DSDA or Youtube at least... you'll be surprised.

Azuruish said:

Every map is possible to beat on UV-MAX, just it will take a little more time.
If you can't beat it - it doesn't mean that it can't be beaten.

Theoretical yes, but who want beat all 300 cacos with fist? I tried on map 11 and it had taked me extra 15 minutes for killing only 150 cacos! Also it would take many time...

I watched 40-47 levels... I think, I give up to make demo because it too crazy and hard. If I lost, this -recordfromto would cost 1-2 minuts...

tmorrow said:

What I listed was sourced from DSDA: http://doomedsda.us/wad2724.html and there is only one map21 demo listed, yours as a speed demo. I'm not sure what is available on youtube though, I might have a search and see what I can find. Thanks.

ops, fail, omm... well UV-Max on map21 will be soon with dehacked file i guess.

CrazyDoomguy said:

Theoretical yes, but who want beat all 300 cacos with fist?

Me.