Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazyDoomguy

CrazyDoomguy Demo Thread

On 26/06/2017 at 6:42 PM, CrazyDoomguy said:

Why my demos about Chillax2 are not on DSDA? Probably they didnt found how download Chillax2.WAD?

Chillax2 is not a complete version, it's still a demo version. Maybe that's why it's not on DSDA. Btw keep up good work ;)

+++ Level 44 +++

Chillax: UV-MAX 43:25

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

I did it!!! Extremely hard map like level 47. There are narrow floor, low ammos and many enemies!! I could pass this map with some strategy and ammo economy. Room with a lot archvile behind cage was most hard part. I lost every time and here need a lot luck.

For watch: -chillax-v9.7.2FIXED.wad chmapfix.wad

Chillax_44.zip

2 hours ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

can I fix this?

why. if it ain't broke, don't fix it

Even if there was a glitch, no, you can't modify other people's maps and supersede the original maps with them, and you can't compare demos recorded on modified maps with demos recorded on the original maps.

56 minutes ago, scifista42 said:

Even if there was a glitch, no, you can't modify other people's maps and supersede the original maps with them, and you can't compare demos recorded on modified maps with demos recorded on the original maps.

I know, but it possible make fixed WAD and add into DSDA. Chillax was fixed many times

2 hours ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

I know, but it possible make fixed WAD and add into DSDA. Chillax was fixed many times

Chillax has been "fixed" for example to allow for people to run it with PrBoom+, and it has been actually fixed when there was a critical issue (see map 21) afaik.

You do not "fix" something, just because your editor pukes out an error message that is entirely irrelevant to how a map plays and functions... This isn't "make a wish", after all...

If you want to modify it , JUST DO IT , however you will get the down side of almost the whole doom community rejecting your modified demo version of the original wad.... but hey look at the bright side ,at least you can actually complete something chillax related... hahahahahaha

But seriously , dont modify it, no one will watch it either way .I am sure you can complete the level even if you dont modify ,I think.

1 hour ago, A7MAD said:

If you want to modify it , JUST DO IT , however you will get the down side of almost the whole doom community rejecting your modified demo version of the original wad.... but hey look at the bright side ,at least you can actually complete something chillax related... hahahahahaha

But seriously , dont modify it, no one will watch it either way .I am sure you can complete the level even if you dont modify ,I think.

A joke is, if I want fix that no glitch to see on floor or some missing texture - is a problem and scandal. I dont want change a structure of map, I want only fix this missing floor texture on map.

Whatever, fortunately it is ok. No glitch to see

2 minutes ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

A joke is, if I want fix that no glitch to see on floor or some missing texture - is a problem and scandal.

The actual problem is that your eagerness to start editing anything in a wad that is meant to played "as is" has become slightly irritating these past few weeks, because it was either about making something easier for yourself, or fixing something that isn't broken in a way that it makes a map unplayable.

2 minutes ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

A joke is, if I want fix that no glitch to see on floor or some missing texture - is a problem and scandal. I dont want change a structure of map, I want only fix this missing floor on map.

Whatever, fortunately it is ok. No glitch to see

I see your point ,however its not that fixing it is bad  , its how other people view and see your modification . Not all will accept it , and this is the issue . IF! There is truly an error or glitch in any wad , then go ahead and modify it if you want , since nobody will even compliment you .However you have to prepare for the consequences if you are going to release your modified version of the demo , stating your reasons .

Examples , if there is an issue where a glitch is blocking your run making it impossible to win or complete the map ; I dont think such wads/maps exists , however if there is then you can make your modifications , stating your reasons if you are going upload it as a video. Remember not all will accept such , and this is the reason why I highly recommend such modifications should not be allowed at all and you should simply just stick with what the map has given you. Unless you really want to finish it for whatever reason then go ahead and make such modifications ,but I dont think its a good idea to upload your modified demo for public view , of course that is unless you are really eager to upload it , either way nobody will watch it and you should prepare for dislikes/hate.

All this is simply based from my view point . If I am wrong in any way please correct me . 

6 minutes ago, A7MAD said:

I see your point ,however its not that fixing it is bad  , its how other people view and see your modification . Not all will accept it , and this is the issue . IF! There is truly an error or glitch in any wad , then go ahead and modify it if you want , since nobody will even compliment you .However you have to prepare for the consequences if you are going to release your modified version of the demo , stating your reasons .

The simple fact of the matter is that this "fix" wouldn't even change anything to begin with, if done properly and whatnot. However, if there is a fix going on that changes something relevant, even if only accidentally, then there's trouble to had. Hence, don't fix what isn't broken (read: making a map unplayable).

Some fixes to maps have been made over time, when it was agreed upon that a change was a necessity. However, when the consensus is that a change to whatever it may be isn't necessary, then it's as simple as leaving it be.

On 8/20/2017 at 4:04 PM, Nine Inch Heels said:

The simple fact of the matter is that this "fix" wouldn't even change anything to begin with, if done properly and whatnot. However, if there is a fix going on that changes something relevant, even if only accidentally, then there's trouble to had. Hence, don't fix what isn't broken (read: making a map unplayable).

Some fixes to maps have been made over time, when it was agreed upon that a change was a necessity. However, when the consensus is that a change to whatever it may be isn't necessary, then it's as simple as leaving it be.

Yes! I do agree with you . Maps that are unplayable aka uncompleted due to glitches then the map maker should eventually notice this and fix . If this is not the case then other doomers could modify such maps for a completed run. Specifically for this topic , no error can be seen so modifying a map is completely unnecessary and not allowed either way .

I am specifically talking about maps were it would be completely impossible to complete DUE TO A GLITCH unless a change is done (map modification) towards the map ; in a case where the author of the map is not present , therefore a map which can be considered impossible to finish can now be completed . I am talking about these instances , just like I said earlier map modification should not allowed unless you really want to complete the level, otherwise just dont play the level .

On map 46 I want take BFG but this is trapped with teleport linedef. You will teleport in one smal room with many barrels and you will die. I had used many times TAS and it not first time that I could run through linedef like teleport or many thing. I think, I had used Straferun SR50 manually. But now to repeat this trick something doesnt work for me now.... can some help me make this? How can I add this into TAS? I need faststrafing for getting this waepon

http://doomwiki.org/wiki/SR-50_automation

http://www.doom2.net/doom2/sr50.html

Unbenannt.png

You can get it if and only if you get 32+ speed to skip both teleporters (they are 16 units from each other), which seems to be pretty much impossible in this case.

I dont know how to kill this cyberdemon on top of hill... To provoke fight with revenants and other monsters dont work very well because the fireballs dont reach this cyber. Option "mouse look" able you look up, but this dont help because you can not shoot up...

doom02.jpg

Besides another problem. On last part on the room with cacodemons there are 4 cybers and they cant teleport on battlefield because of low ceiling. These cybers are very important of this part (because of low ammos). 38_ViTa_38, can you fix this for Prbooom and make this as official?

Unbenannt.png

P.S: In principle this map is passable

1 minute ago, Ancalagon said:

Maybe you should stop "playing" with prboom a wad supposed to be played in zandro.

There is last map to do and all chillax map are done or there is a blank on map 46 and nobody will pass.