Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baron-Of-Hell

Wolfensein 3d & Heretic Cheats

Does anybody know all the cheats for Wolfenstein 3d and Heretic? Or does anybody know any web sites that have all the cheats for them? Oops! I spelt Wolfenstein wrong in the title, oh well...

I know *one* cheat for Wolf3d:

LIM - hold down each key when you type the letters and release all three keys when the "word" is typed in.

I hear that it doesn't matter which order you type these letters, but I haven't tested that myself (So it might also work if you type MLI, MIL or LMI).
This cheat gives you: Full health, full ammo, all weapons and all keys.

Here's the Heretic cheats.

QUICKEN -- God Mode
RAMBO -- All weapons and full ammo
KITTY -- No clipping mode
GIMMIEx# -- Give you certain artifacts (x is the letter representing the artifact you want -- see list below -- # is how many you want, from 1 to 9)
A --- Ring
B --- Mask of Invisibility
C --- Potion
E --- Tome of Power
F --- Torch
G --- Hour Glass
H --- Eggs
I --- Golden Wings
J --- Chaos Device
RAVMAP -- Map cheat
ENGAGExy -- Level warp (x is episode, y is level)
SKEL -- All the keys
MASSACRE -- Kills all the monsters in the level
PONCE -- Full health
SHAZAM -- Instant Tome of Power
COCKADOODLEDOO -- Turn yourself into a chicken
TICKER -- Frame counter
IDDQD -- Kills you
IDKFA -- Takes away all weapons and ammo, leaving you with only the rod

For Wolf3d you can go into Debug mode

type -goobers in the command line. then when playing press "left shift" "alt" and "backspace" at the same time to enable debug mode. Then hold TAB and press any of the following letters.

B=Change border color
E=Skip two levels
F=Displays coordinates
G=Toggle God mode
H=Lose health
I=Free items
M=Display memory usage
P=Pause without message
S=Toggle slow motion
T=View graphics and play sounds
V=Add extra VBLs
W=Level select
X=Extra stuff

Here's a little known Heretic code. If you type in GIMMEZ0, you get 16 of every artifact.

I don't remember there being a new weapon in Shadow of the Serpent Riders. What weapon do you mean?

I meant the mace, but I only had had heretic with the expansion so I thought the mace was only in the expansion. whoops.

Nope. It's in the original version as well. However, they changed its macespot effect somewhat. The Firemace appears in any random macespot, which are something like Hexen's mapspots. Now, if I remember right, for the macespot where the Firemace does not appear, there would be a monster, like a Weredragon or Disciple of D'Sparil. In this latest version, there's nothing but an empty spot.

Baron-O-Hell:
Also, is Heretic II any good or complete crap?

IMO HII is a OK game. It`s a 3rd person adventure game... nothing wrong with that... it`s just... I prefer 1st person shooters... like DOOM. I miss the speed, killing of the masses,... no story line can compete with that.

One problem with Heretic 2 is you don't get to play in some of the cities, mountains, or other places you see on that map, like the Ice Fortress (or whatever it's called). It makes the game seem incomplete.

dsm said:

LIM - hold down each key when you type the letters and release all three keys when the "word" is typed in.

I hear that it doesn't matter which order you type these letters, but I haven't tested that myself (So it might also work if you type MLI, MIL or LMI).

I usually use the sequence ILM.

I think I've read somewhere that the order does matter in some way. Like, your score or time is affected.

Fredrik said:

I think I've read somewhere that the order does matter in some
way. Like, your score or time is affected.

No, the end result's always the same.